Tangled The Series

Varian was in his lab the princess had set up in the castle for him. He cursed quietly as he spilt one of his potions. "What on earth.." he murmured as it started glowing a light blue. A look of confusion crossed his face and he touched it. Nothing. He shrugged and went to turn away before there was a puff of blue smoke and he coughed, passing out after a moment.

"Varian?" Rapunzel called, Cassandra in front of her. They had heard the explosion and they (Rapunzel) was worried. Cassandra held her sword out in front of her before pushing the door open to his lab. Cassandra almost screamed and Rapunzel pushed her aside. She awwed as she heard crying. She moved the too big clothes aside and underneath laid Varian, about a year old.

Rapunzel picked him up, rocking him to calm him down. Varian quickly became quiet, cooing softly. He reached up to grab ahold of her blonde locks. She giggled softly as he began to play with it and hide his face in it. "Cass! Look!" She grinned happily. "Isn't he just so cute?" She cooed and Cassandra put her sword away, walking over and looking at Varian in confusion. "He's fat," she stated simply. Varian's lip trembled and Rapunzel pulled a face, making him giggle and coo.

Cassandra rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Lets go bring him upstairs," she sighed deeply and turnt away. "Cassie." She turnt around and Varian smiled at her, pointing. "Cassie!" Cassandra fought back a smile. She looked at Rapunzel. "Did he just-" Rapunzel nodded, beaming brighting and handing Varian to her. She stroked Varian's cheek as he kept repeating 'Cassie' over and over.

Rapunzel lead them back up to the main part of the castle and to her and Eugene's room. Cassandra held Varian close the whole time, refusing to let Rapunzel hold him. She eventually gave in as they reached the room. Eugene looked up and smiled. "'Sup, Blondie. Cassandra. And.. Who's that..?" He asked in confusion, walking over with a raised eyebrow.

"Cassie!" Varian giggled and clapped happily. Eugene looked taken aback. Rapunzel laughed happily. "It's Varian. Must've been an experiment or potion gone wrong. We just have to look after him so he doesn't get hurt or get himself killed," she explained, rocking him with a light smile. Cassandra nodded. "None of your old tricks, Eugene," she warned with a steely glare, causing him to laugh. "I can't teach a kid to steal!"

Varian had picked out one of the flowers from Rapunzel and smiled softly. "Cassie?" Cassandra walked over, smiling happily. "What is it, Varian?" She asked. He held the flower out to her and she laughed, tucking it behind her ear. "Thank you! I love it!" Rapunzel smiled softly. "I think you should look after him, Cass," she suggested and handed the baby Varian to her. Cassandra nodded and grinned. "Thank you, Raps." She smiled down at him, kissing the top of his head softly. "I'll look after you," she promised