5

S o p h i e

We were in history class and Mr. Walker wasn't giving us any more class time to work on this project. That meant me and Luke would have to work on it outside of school.

Once the bell rang, I made my way over to where he was sitting. "Um, hey Luke. Since we're going to have to start working on this project outside of school is it okay if we exchange numbers?" I asked timidly.

"Y-yeah, sure." We wrote down each other's numbers on a piece of paper. "Bye, Sophie," Luke said as he stood from his seat. He towered over me. We both left the room to get to our next class on time.

• • • • •

After my fourth hour class, I went up to my teacher's desk to ask her a question. She took so long to answer it that the bell to signal the start of fifth hour had already rung. I walked to my locker and grabbed my lunch just as Luke was closing his locker. We politely greeted each other and then he left. I quickly got my stuff and closed my locker.

I noticed Luke walking in front of me in the hallway. He ducked into a side classroom instead of going to the cafeteria or the library as I would've thought. I walked up to the door and noticed it was a music room.

Curiously, I peeked inside. I saw Luke and another guy with guitars sitting with their backs to me playing something. I quickly walked out and to lunch, not wanting to be caught listening.

• • • • •

The end of the school day couldn't have come any slower. Finally we got out of school. I started down the road that led to my house when I noticed a tall figure walking a few feet ahead of me with earphones in. Taking a closer look, I realized it was Luke.

I quickened my pace and tapped his shoulder. "Hi Luke," I said.

He jumped at the sudden contact and took his earbuds out when he realized it was me. "Oh, hey Sophie."

I smiled at him. "Whatcha listening to?" I said as we walked together.

"Er, All Time Low," he said, his voice trailing off.

"Really?! I love them!" I exclaimed. "What song?"

"Somewhere in Neverland," he replied back, his cheeks a faint shade of pink. We walked a couple more blocks in silence.

"So, when do you want to work on the project?" I asked, trying to get rid of the somewhat awkward silence.

"Um, I'm free most of the time so whatever works for you." He replied and kicked a rock on the sidewalk.

"How about tomorrow after school?" I suggested.

"Sure," he replied. "Where do you wanna do it?"

"You can come over to my house if you want, my mom is usually at work."

"Alright sounds good. Well, this is my street. See you tomorrow Sophie." Luke gave me a small wave and I watched as his tall body walked down the road.

• • • • •

oh my god im sorry this is so bad i swear the other chapters will be better
-ava :)