30

um why does breadstick boy look so good in a suit this is illegal i won't stand for it

S o p h i e

"Allie! Where the hell are you?" I exclaimed into my cell phone as I paced around my room.

"Calm down, I'm almost at your house," she yelled back and hung up.

I threw my phone on my bed and took out my dress. Today was prom, and I was pretty nervous. My last school dance didn't turn out well and I was hoping this one ended differently.

I smoothed out the skirt of my dress and looked it over. It was a light lavender color with gems across the bust.

The doorbell rang and I rushed down the stairs. I threw the door open and Allie stood there grinning. "Let's go," she squealed and carried her bag inside.

We got our makeup and hair products out and set them on the bathroom counter. We helped each other with hair and makeup before slipping into our dresses.

"You look so gorgeous!" I complimented Allie as we looked in the mirror.

"Thanks girl, you look great too. Let's go wait downstairs." I followed her out of the room, making sure to grab my heels and clutch.

"Girls you look so pretty!" My mother gushed as we came downstairs.

I laughed a little at her excitement. "Thanks mom."

The doorbell rang just then. I walked to the door to see Luke and Calum standing there in tuxes. Allie and Calum greets each other, while Luke and I looked each other up and down.

My breath caught in my throat as I looked at him. His hair wasn't across his forehead like it normal was; instead, it was pushed up in a quiff. He didn't have his glasses on and was wearing contacts, which I'd seen him wear a few times.

"You look fantastic," he said and pecked my cheek.

I felt the heat rush to my cheeks and said, "Thank you. You look great too. Did Calum do your hair?"

He nodded and reached up to run his hair through it. "Nuh uh," Calum stopped him and wagged his finger. "You're going to ruin it."

Luke rolled his eyes with a smile on his face. We took pictures for twenty minutes before leaving.

"Bye, kids! Be safe," my mom yelled out the door as we got in the car.

"So," Luke said once we were driving. "Where do you girls want to eat?"

I glanced at Allie in the front seat next to Calum. She looked back at me and shrugged. "I don't care," I replied.

"If you can't choose then we're just going to Chick Fil-A," Calum warned.

"I like Chick Fil-A," Allie commented.

I agreed with her, and Luke was fine with it too. "Chick Fil-A it is."

(ok for those of you who don't know chick fil-a is like fast food and they have chicken sandwiches and it's SO GOOD ok sorry keep reading)

We pulled into the restaurant and walked in. The four of us definitely looked out of place with out fancy clothes, but whatever.

We ate before finally heading to the school at around 8:00. I was a little nervous because of what happened last time. Luke grabbed my hand and gave me a reassuring smile.

---

We had been at prom for about an hour, and nothing bad had happened. I danced with Luke and talked with Allie and Calum. I felt a little bad that Michael was at home, but he didn't even want to come anyways.