24

S o p h i e

I woke up Sunday morning to the winter sunlight coming through my window. It was now December and Luke and I had been dating for about a month and a half now. Since Luke wasn't very popular at school, I was starting to get picked on a bit as well, but I didn't mind as much.

I grabbed my phone from my bedside table and checked the time- 8:34. I groaned and flipped over on my side.

I unlocked my phone and noticed I already had some texts, all from Luke.

From: Lucas
Morning😘

From: Lucas
Waaakkkeee upppp im bored

From: Lucas
SOPHIE

I shook my head but a smile managed to creep its way across my face. I responded to let him know that I just woke up before getting out of bed. I took a quick shower and put on sweats and a tank top.

I made my way down the staircase with my phone in hand to eat breakfast. Just as I was putting some frozen waffles in the toaster, my phone buzzed. I checked the screen to see Luke had responded.

From: Lucas
How did you sleep babe?

My heart fluttered a bit at his use of the pet name. I had noticed that since we began hanging out, he was getting more confident and stuttering less. I smiled a little as I replied.

To: Lucas
fine, did you wanna come over today? x

From: Lucas
sure I'll be over in an hour, gotta finish some homework first xx

I put my phone away and took my waffles out. After I finished eating, I went upstairs and brushed my teeth. I threw my hair into a quick ponytail and sat down on the couch with my laptop.

I was still scrolling through Twitter when someone knocked on the door. I slowly walked downstairs, still tired from school. I opened the door and smiled at the tall boy standing there. "Hey," I stepped aside so he could come in.

He grinned. "Hi, Sophie." Luke took his shoes and winter jacket off. He had small specks of snow in his hair and a few on his eyelashes that were beginning to melt and disappear. He leaned down and swiftly kissed my lips. I smiled and grabbed his hand, leading him to the couch where I had left my laptop.

We sat down and he didn't let go of my hand. "So, what are you up to today?" Luke asked as he leaned back into the couch and spread his feet onto the coffee table.

"Nothing really. Just laying around, the usual." We sat in a comfortable silence after that. After a while, he shifted us so he was laying on his back and I was on top of him. I rested my head against his chest and listened to his steady heartbeat.

He kissed the top of my head, causing me to look up. I leaned up and kissed his cheek and we both giggled softly. "I'm really lucky to be with you," he whispered while playing with my fingers.

"Why can't everyone see how amazing you are?" I whispered back. "People are really mean and rude to you and I don't get it."

He hummed. "That's just how school has worked out for me. One day I'll show them they were wrong. But for right now, I have you and that's all I really need."

I smiled widely and kissed his cheek again. Being around Luke made me happy. I thought of everything I love about him- his smile, his hair, his eyes, his hands, his personality, his laugh.

Love? I didn't know why that had popped into my head. I glanced at him and saw he already had his eyes on me. I looked into his light blue irises and realized, maybe I did love him.

Another twenty minutes of silence and small kisses went by until I broke the air. "Luke?" I whispered.

"Hmm?" He responded.

"I think- I think I might love you."

I peeked up at him to see his reaction. His bright blue eyes gleamed and he wrapped his arms around my waist. "I think I just might love you too."

• • • • •

HEY THIS IS SHORT BUT IT FELT RIGHT TO END IT HERE BC CUTE AF DAMN CAN I HAVE A LUKE PLS