Jo Jo's Secret

After some time, we started to head home. The closer we got, the more nervous I felt. The worst questions made their way into my head. How would my mom react? How would Jo Jo and Amber feel about my return?

"Bianca, when we get back home don't expect everything to be the same as it was before you left. Just act like you can't remember anything." Prodigy told me.

"What's changed?" I asked.

"You'll see when we get there." He replied.

I sighed and walked alongside Roc, who held my hand.

A voice in my head told me not to be scared, that everything was gonna be okay. I looked around to see who had mind linked me, but it wasn't any of the boys, or my master. I didn't let my curiosity get the best of me because I already had so much on my plate.

After a long while of walking, we were finally clear of trees and rain.

"Can we run now?" Ray Ray asked.

"No." All of us responded.

"It's best to just go ahead and get it over with. No good reason for procrastinating." Ray stated.

I knew he was right, but I just didn't want to face it yet.

"I'm not strong enough to run yet." I lied.

"You're a horrible liar." Everyone told me laughing.

I laughed along with them and the mood lightened into something less fearful and anticipating. We walked the rest of the way, laughing and joking, and I seemed to forget about everything I had on my shoulders. Then everything came back when we were on the street where my house was. Well, it was nice while it lasted.

As we approached the house, I had to keep taking deep breaths to calm my nerves. My master rang the doorbell and it immediately came open. It was Jo Jo. He stood there shocked for a moment while my heart was beating fast. The next second he was hugging me and I exhaled a breath of relief. We all went in the house and Jo Jo ran around the house screaming for Mom and Amber. They came out of their rooms and into the living room. Then they went crazy. Amber attacked me in a hug and my mom joined in. They were both crying and asking the same question. Where had I been all this time?

After everything had calmed down and settled, my mom went to cook dinner, and all of us were sitting on the couch talking. While Amber was talking, my insides started burning again. I became ravenous and was fully aware of the only humans in this house. I had to try harder than usual to keep myself under control. I looked over at my master and he immediately knew what was going on. He mouthed the word "bathroom" and looked away.

I stood up and said, "Excuse me, will you? I need to use the bathroom."Then I walked off to my room and found it just like I left it. And my cooler was poking out from under my bed. It had been restocked. I quickly got a blood bank out and went to my bathroom. Then I drank all the blood that was in that bag. Every single drop of it. In under five seconds. I disposed of the empty bag and Jo Jo walked in.

"There's something we need to talk about, Bianca." He announced, coming and sitting on my bed.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Are you playing or you really haven't noticed yet?" He questioned.

"Noticed what?" I asked.

He looked at me and then his eyes were glowing gold. He bared his fangs and hissed at me.

I saw all of this but I didn't know how to react. My twin brother is a vampire now. 

"Who did it?" Was the first thing to come out of my mouth.

"You." He answered.

"What? I couldn't have done it. I was gone." I replied. 

"It was the demon. I convinced her to do it. She didn't want to, but I bribed her." He explained.

"Why? Why would you do something this ignorant?" I asked.

"I wanted to know what it was like. Now that I know, I don't want it. I thought this life would be fun, but it's all just blood and lies. How do you live like this? How does any of you live like this? I can't even hang out with my friends without having an urge to kill them. I can't even talk to my little sister beause her finger's cut and all I want to do is drink every last bit of life from her. I want my life back, Bianca. I need my life back." Then he just starts crying. 

I didn't know what to say or do. He just cried. Then he looks up at me.

"I know that I did this to myself, but can you please help me undo it?" He asked.

"I can try, but I don't think there's really a cure." I answered.

"There has to be a cure. There has to be one somewhere out there." He insisted.

I nodded and then we hugged.

"Now come on, bro I have to show you how to control yourself." I told him.

Then we stood up and walked back downstairs like nothing happened but they knew.