How are you still alive?

We rounded the next couple of blocks until a little community park came into sight. It was full of children swinging on swings, running around, going down slides, and fighting. I already like it here. I followed Jo Jo to a group of kids around our age posted up by the fence. He dapped his male friends up and hugged the females.

"Hey y'all this is my twin, Bianca." He announced.

I waved and smiled. They waved back.

"Oh my gosh. She look just like you!" Some light-skinned boy exclaimed.

Jo Jo and I gasped. "Really?" We asked in fake surprise. I rolled my eyes and Jo Jo scoffed.

I took this awkward silence to look around the park and my eye landed on a particular person staring back at me. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was my friend, Drake. I smiled at him as he started running towards me.

Jo Jo had started talking to his friends so he didn't notice. I looked back up right in time to see Drake scoop me up in a hug and spin me around multiple times. I laughed as he yelled, "Bianca! Oh my gosh! Bianca!" He put me down and I started to laugh at the actual excitement in his eyes.

"Hey Drake!" I greeted, hugging him properly.

"OMG girl I got so much to tell you!" He said.

"I have so much to tell you, too!" I replied.

Then I heard someone clear their throat. I turned around to see Jo Jo standing there with an expectant look on his face. I laughed as he put his hand on his hip and started tapping his foot.

"This is my best friend, Drake, guys." I introduced.

Jo Jo looked Drake up and down twice. Drake started back at him. It's like they were competing or something. Jo Jo took a step toward Drake. Drake tilted his head to the side.

"Problem, nigga?" Drake asked.

I laughed at Jo Jo's expression.

"Oh, no problem." Jo Jo answered. "I'm just trying to see if you're the 'type' of friend I think you are." He explained.

"And what type will that be?" Drake questioned.

"Yup you are." Jo Jo assumed and stuck his hand out to Drake.

Drake laughed and gave him some dap. "Why don't we take a little walk, Bianca?" Drake offered.

I nodded and walked off with Drake on my heels. Once we were out of hearing range he spoke.

"What kind of type is the boy version of you talking about?" He asked.

"Don't worry. I'll compel him later." I replied.

"How did he find out?" He asked.

"Heck if I know." I answered shrugging. "Can I show you something?" I asked after a moment.

"Sure what is it?"

"It's the accident. Pay attention to the car that hit ours." I told him.

He nodded as I went into concentration. I relived the worst but somewhat best day of my life. I broke concentration when it was over and looked over at him.

"Who's car was that?" I asked him.

"Master Jake's." He answered.

My heart crawled into my throat and I couldn't deny the fury I felt. My master had killed my father. Out of nowhere Drake hugged me.

"Calm down. Change back." He ordered while rubbing my back.

I took a deep breath in an attempt to calm myself down. It didn't work but it helps me change back into my human facade before anyone saw. I pulled away from him and started back walking around the track.

"We have to go visit him and get the truth out of him." I decided.

"No. I'll visit him and get the truth out of him for you. Meanwhile, you should go compel your brother and the rest of his friends." Drake decided.

Well that was a better plan for me, so I nodded. "That works. I'll see you later then." I replied, hugging him.

He walked away from me and I walked back to Jo Jo and his friends. Once I was back over to them, Jo Jo's phone started ringing. He answered it. I heard Prodigy on the other end telling him to have new home in time for dinner. Jo Jo said "Ok" and hung up. Then he turned to me.

"We leaving in like 20 minutes for dinner." He announced. Then he turned back to his friends.

I decided listen in on what they were talking about.

"I thought I just saw him earlier today." A guy said.

"That's impossible. He died like 2 or 3 days ago." Jo Jo responded.

"But he looked JUST LIKE him. I swear he did." The guy insisted.

"Where did you see him?" Jo Jo asked.

"He was at his house..." The guy trailed off.

Jo Jo immediately turned to me. "We need to take a trip to dad's house." He tells me. "ASAP." He adds.

"Why?" I ask, looking at the ground.

"My friend thinks that he saw him earlier today and there is a possibility that he might still be alive." He answered.

I looked up at him, shocked. Then I looked at the guy he was talking to.

"Do you truly believe that you saw him?" I asked.

"Yeah." He answered.

I listened hard to see if I could hear his heartbeat skip. It stayed on the steady beat. I nodded.

"Let's go." I said grabbing Jo Jo's hand and running at slow human speed. He took off with me. Ugh. How did I manage to run so slow when I was human. It's so irritating.

We made it to Dad's house after fifteen whole minutes of slow running. I forced the door open and walked in to see my father sitting in the living room on the couch. Jo Jo asked in behind me with his mouth hanging open.

My father hadn't noticed us until I moved and caught his eye.

"Bianca?" He called.

I ran over to him and he stood up and hugged me.

"Jovante get over here!" Dad ordered.

Then I felt my brother join our embrace.

"Dad how are you still alive?" I asked.