❥18

"Are you hiding something from me?" I questioned Vic after I entered his house. He asked me to come over, and I was all to happy to comply. 

"Nice to see you too." He mumbled, shutting the door before following me into the living room. Mike wasn't here apparently.

"Are you?" I questioned yet again, being a little more vocal this time. Vic raised his eyebrows.

"What's wrong?" He asked back.

"Quit pulling red herrings, answer the question." Vic sighed, taking a seat on the couch.

"What do you think I'm hiding?" He asked as if it was nothing. I didn't know who I was dealing with anymore. Maybe Vic didn't do anything and Brendon's just trying to get me worked up. Immediately I calmed down.

"Something about Brendon, and something about the club too. Tell me." I begged half-heartily, biting down on my lip in anticipation. i took a seat beside him. 

"Brendon? Did you talk to him again?" He asked nervously.

"So there is something?" I retaliated speedily. Vic sighed in defeat, looking a little lost. He was like a deer caught in the headlights right now.

"Yeah." He mumbled under his breath. My breath staggered.

"What is it? What did you do?"

"I may have lied a little bit about Brendon..." Vic admitted sheepishly. Anger boiled in me, but I kept in on the down low until his explanation.

"Brendon's a really good artist and he's better than me by... Well, he's just really good. He was really nice to me, we were in a few classes together. I was always a little envious of Brendon because he was popular and talented. I felt a void in my life and I felt the only way to fill it was to-" Vic stopped abruptly, shaking his head.

"What? Do what?" I questioned. Vic stayed quiet. "You can't stop right there." I added on a bit angrily. Vic looked up at me.

"To sabotage him. I sabotaged him okay?" He yelled a little louder than I expected, causing me to jump back.

"What do you-"

"I befriended him. We became best friends. When we were assigned sculpture projects, the best piece in the class got a lot of extra credit points and half of their next college year would be paid for. That was a big deal to me, I've been paying for my scholarship and it's a lot of fucking money."

"That doesn't tell me anything." I said bluntly, clenching my jaw. Vic rolled his eyes at me.

"I wasn't done. Brendon started a- well, a masterpiece. It was amazing, and mine wasn't bad, maybe a runner up. He was going to win, but he had enough money to pay for another term right? He didn't deserve first place. So, I- um, I snuck into the place he was working on the sculpture on the last day and ruined it." My mouth gaped open. "I know, please don't get mad I just-"

"How could you do that?!" I yelled, standing up. "How do I know you're not sabotaging me right now?" I added on, getting a little paranoid. 

"No, no I'm not. I really like you Kellin, a lot." Vic defended, standing up and trying to reach for my hands. I pulled away. Brendon wasn't the bad guy here. "Kellin-"

"So then what'd you do huh? Listen to the teacher hand you first place as your "Best friend" watched you? Do you know how much that would hurt?" I seethed, ranting. I know how it feels, never being good enough. I know what Vic's saying, but that's over the line.

"I'm sorry okay?! I just, I didn't know what else to do." Vic moved away, a frustrated groan escaping his lips. "Can we drop it?" He requested. I scoffed.

"Drop it? Really? What else do you have to admit?"

"Kellin-"

"No, really! Tell me right now." I interrupted, speaking with a hint of enthusiasm. It was all sarcasm though. "At the club? What are you doing there?"

"Nothing bad, it's just a little private group of friends and I who talk."

"I don't believe you."

"That's all it is really, I can take you if you want. We keep it a secret because sometimes the talks aren't really appropriate for the academy." My eyes widened. "No, nothing like that, it's just political shit and stuff the academy doesn't support but we do." Slowly, I nodded. I wanted to go with him, but then again he just admitted a really big lie to me which pissed me off. I'm still pissed off.

"Well if I forgive you you can take me." I concluded aloud. 

"You're thinking about not forgiving me?" Vic questioned, worry filling his eyes. I nodded, but I knew well enough this ordeal wasn't worth losing Vic. "I'm sorry I kept that from you, it's just something I don't like to talk about." Vic whispered, reaching for my hands again. I let my barriers down a little more this time, letting him hold my hands. I looked away from his gaze. "Please look at me." He requested. Vic's voice was soft and affectionate like it usually was when we were together lately. I turned to face him a little.

I held my breath as Vic leaned in, pressing his lips on mine softly. Immediately I was putty in his hands; Just like that. Sometimes I hate that I'm so sensitive. I melted into the kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck securely. I kissed him back eagerly, realizing how much I missed his lips on mine own. Him kissing me wasn't very awkward anymore. I loved every second of it. Vic pulled back, giving me a small smile which I didn't return.

"You kissing me doesn't help. Did you even apologize?" I whispered, though it was loud enough for him to hear.

"...No..." He admitted, leaning in to kiss me. I placed my finger to his lips.

"You need to apologize." I concluded, nodding slightly. Yeah, that was the right thing to do.

"What? It's been a few years, he doesn't care."

"Well he hates me because he hates you." I blurted out accidentally. I can't keep my mouth shut today it seems. Vic looked conflicted, biting down on his lip. His fingers traced my waist. Eventually he sighed.

"Fine, I'll apologize." He caved in.

"Soon?"

"Yeah." A smiled crept onto my lips. I leaned in and pecked his lips softly. Never did I dream I'd be kissing him right now. "So what are we?" I asked Vic, pulling away again. He seemed a bit lost, but quickly snapped out of it.

"We're whatever you want us to be." I rolled my eyes. "Fine, I like you and you like me, wanna date and make out?" He said with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes.

"How sweet." I responded with, but none the less nodded. Vic leaned in a kissed me softly before trailing his lips down my jawline, making me shiver. He's overly affectionate sometimes, not that I'm complaining. 

"You better get going." He whispered in my ear, kissing my ear lobe softly after. I moaned involuntarily, though it wasn't really intended. I couldn't stop myself. Vic smirked before pulling away.

"O-Okay." I mumbled, walking towards the door. With a small smile I left the house, only to turn around yet again. "When are you taking me to the get together thing?"

"Sometime soon." He said with a hint of amusement in his voice. I rolled my eyes, giving him a small wave before hurrying off the lot and towards my own. 

---- -

Votes: 18

Comments: 7