❥9

"You lose." Vic said to me childishly before poking out his tongue. I bit on my lip to prevent myself from laughing at him.

"Fuck off, it was just a game." I tossed my cards down on the table before walking over to the sink to get some water.

It's been a week since we... I don't know, declared our friendship? It was going pretty good, I didn't feel awkward about it anymore either. He treated me as a friend and I treated him the same way; Nothing else.

Vic was suddenly beside me, going through the cupboard hanging above him. I noticed he was stretching to reach the cup. I couldn't judge though, the ceiling were high here and so were the cupboards.

"Shorty." I teased, much like he had earlier. Vic scoffed while filling his glass. 

"Yeah, I know." He didn't say any witty remarks, nor did he try to get create a good comeback. He let me tease him with no problem. I bet he hears that a lot though. We went back to the table and put the cards away before sitting down on the couch. He sat beside me and turned on the TV. It was a mix of short conversations between us, or just both of us quietly watching the TV.  

"So how's college?" He asked a little while later.

"Umm, pretty good. I don't know how I feel about visual-"

"It gets better, don't worry." He interrupted reassuringly. I gave him a small smile.

"Thanks. Can I tell you something?" I didn't want to get too close, but the nagging thought of Willow was practically on the tip of my tongue. In other words; I needed to tell someone.

"Sure." He was happy to comply.

"Okay well, after class one day, the day we argued, I walked down that sidewalk outside and ended up in the woods?"

"Yeah it goes off to a dead end." He threw in.

"Mhm, and when I hit the dead end there was like... I don't know a meadow? In the meadow was a couch and there was a girl." Vic quirked his eyebrows at me.

"Really? Who was she?" I felt like I was gossiping, but technically I was.

"Her name's Willow and I don't know anything about her. She was talking about metaphorical shit." He nodded.

"Maybe she goes to school?"

"No, no I know she doesn't attend. She used to though."

"Then why the hell is she just out in the woods?" Vic questioned, but I knew he wasn't asking me. He was thinking out loud. "Can we go there?" His questioned startled me.

"O-Oh, I don't know about that. When I went she hit me with a stick and knocked me out." Vic bit down on his lip, but I didn't miss the small chuckle he was trying to contain.  "Shut up, fine we can go."

"Great! Now?"

"Eager?" I questioned. He smiled.

"Yes, and curious." I turned off the TV and grabbed my coat before flinging to door open.

"Let's go then." And with that, Vic got up and walked out the door with me not too far behind.

--- -

"Willow?" I called out into the open. Vic stood behind me, examining the branches. His eyes met the couch. "It's Kellin, are you here?" I called out, walking towards the couch.

"That's so disgusting." Vic pointed to the couch. I chuckled.

"I know right, she sat on it too." He cringed, causing me to nod in agreement.