RH:10

Rugar waru, Sokoto

She stared down at her answer booklet to check if there was an error but she couldn't find any so she said the prayer that her Islamiyya malam asked her to and rose with a bismillah before submitting her answer sheet.

She walks down the hallway in search of her best friend but still can't find her and it comes to her mind she might be in their favorite place that's the school playground it's more of a garden but the kids have turned it into their playground.

She sighted a curled-up body shaking and without doubt, she knew it was her best friend.

"Sadeeya meya faru?" she asked as she found a spot near her and sat down.

She knows she'd lost her best friend since her parent decided to reunite and take their daughter back, despite Sadeeya obliging cause she's totally against the idea of getting back to her parent.

"Everything is going to be fine Sadeey na, cry out your worries you're allowed to, it doesn't mean you're weak but it shows how strong you are," she said her voice dripping with sadness but she had to stay strong for her only friend just like how she does the same for her all the time.

"How can everything be fine when I'm leaving you to this cruel world alone tell me how can everything be fine when I'm leaving all the good and bitter memories I'd made in this state, nothing will be fine not now not ever" she cried hugging Safna

"You're not leaving me alone Sadeey, there's Allah, and he'll be with me just like every other time, I'll admit I'm not happy you're leaving but I can't be selfish, thank Allah you'll get to taste the sweetness of parents love what about me, I had never felt it and I'm sure I'll never feel it, use your chance" she cried, she can't hold it anymore, no matter how she tried to be strong she just can't anymore, seeing her only friend slipping away from her, she just prays it's turned out to be for the best.

"I won't leave you forever after all my uncle resides here so I'll be visiting you from time to time Insha Allah, how I wish you'll accept this scholarship and leave my mind at rest" she pleads with her.

"I can't leave no matter how I wish I could, I'm betrothed, Umma is my mother no matter what she does to me, she loves me if not she'd abort me since before I graced the world or rather abandoned me but she didn't which shows she loves me she just don't express her love to me" she confessed bitterly.

Sadeeya wishes she could make her friend reason but it's just like her brain is not working on her accord, that woman doesn't deserve to be called a mother she's far away from the word.

"May Allah be with us and may he give us the chance to be friends forever, I love you Saf with the purest form of love which is love by Allah, I pray Allah keeps you safe and protects you against any harm, I love you Saf fisabilillah" they cried in each other's arm, next tomorrow is their last paper and they have only ten more days to leave with each other and cherish their six years friendship as it last, they hope and wish not, but we plan, Allah plans and He is the best of the planners.

***><***

Things weren't that easy on Tasneem's side either, a lot had happened before they resumed school.

Things like her newfound friendship with the zazzau princesses, and Jamal noticing her even though he'd not shown her any sign that would give her a green light.

And the most favorite part of her break was when they had a family vacation with both her paternal and maternal cousins.

Perks of having parents who are relatives!

Her mother was a Katsina princess before her father passed away and the throne was passed to her elder brother, and the late king of Katsina who was her father was also a cousin to the late king of Daura her father-in-law.

The only person that almost spoiled their vacation was her paternal cousin Nafeesa's (Aunty Mairo's) daughter, the girl was been a bitch that you'd think she's somebody when she's nobody, her mother was the king's cousin and so the girl like going around bragging about her uncle being a king.

The girl was almost always clinging onto Hamma Ammar like a second skin and the guy never felt to show her how a disturbance she is but will she ever understand?

After all her mother had made sure she cooked the idea of her only daughter becoming the future queen of Daura into the girl's small skull and the girl is holding onto that, for she believed her mother.

The girl had already told her friends how she'd be the handsome crowned prince's wife.

But apart from that and the fact that her parents are still hell-bent on sending her to the UK for her further studies she'd said her break was a bloom, and now she's back to school to face fate, their WAEC was going on fine Alhamdulillah.

And some time from now she'd be a secondary school graduate.

If only! She thought and wished with a sad smile on her face.

But 'we plot, Allah planned and he is the best of planners'

Taku har kullum😁

❤️✨desert flower🌸🌺