RH:8

They stepped out of the car and she entwined her hand with that of her hamma Ammar and together they headed towards where the rest were, they both knew they were a little bit late since Mai Martaba, Fulani and Emir of Zazzau family were already here. And it's none other fault but hers.

"Assalamu alaikum," they said the taslim in unison.

"Wa'alaikumus salam" She could feel some eyes on her figure making her uncomfortable amid her family but she dared not look.

They both made their way to the spread picnic mat and settled down where everyone else was, but she chose to sit close to her queen's mother instead of where her dad or Ammar was.

The other three princesses from Zazzau are also sitting gorgeously near each other even though they dress beautifully like the princesses they are she doesn't feel a bit intimidated by their presence.

"Oh dear you look gorgeous "the first wife or rather the queen of Zazzau complimented her, she ducked her head down and blushed but from the corner of her eyes she could see the other wife of the king and her supposed daughter glaring at her, the second wife and her daughter seems rude she have noticed it she's different from her other two sisters which are the queen's children

"Thank you your majesty" she replied her head still down.

"Quit being formal, you can call me Mama just like everyone does" she smiles.

"Okay, you...I mean mama" she chuckled

"These are my children" she points at the three princesses including the rude one.

"This is Zarah, then Amina, and the youngest among them Husna, then their brothers who are present Jamal the crowned prince, and his immediate brother Haidar" She points at them, so Miss Rude is Husna then Miss Smiley is the black beauty zarah then miss okay the fair one is Amina.Good job knowing their names.

"Come here my baby hussy" The second wife dragged Husna where she was,ahaf she knew it, miss rude can't possibly be the queen's daughter, like mother like daughter

If only they knew how hungry she was they would have kept everything aside and started eating, she didn't even have her lunch so she leaned towards her queen mother and whispers

"Mom I'm famished" and the next thing she feels is her mother's pinch on her skin

"Ouchh" she cried

"So much for being a spoilt brat"Husna's mother snorted

They all heard her but chose to act maturely by ignoring her.

"What are we exactly waiting for, we should start diving into the food"the king that was sitting some feet away from them stated.

And right there Tasneem starts dancing in her head, her favorite part is here, without doubt she loves food because to her food is life.

She grabbed a disposable plate and started serving herself, she poured some chicken kebab with a piece of naan bread, a perfect combo,she added samosa and a sandwich, too much for a stomach huh?

No! She'd promised herself to taste everything that was brought for the picnic so she was doing just that, she picked up another plate put some spicy chicken wings, and added lava square cake, feeling satisfied she grabbed a cup of banana smoothie and a milkshake.

wow!

"What!"

"Ridiculous"

"Is she for real"

"Mannerless and classless"

A lot of remarks about her food but the last one got to her but she dared not talk in front of the kings and queens, the last comment came from none other but Husna.

"I've warned you against this foodie behavior, especially in front of guests but I guess you're here with the mission of embarrassing our whole generation" the queen whispered scolding her daughter.

"But mummy I didn't take anything today" she pouted, something about royalty she hates you can't even take as much food as you want especially in front of other people, you have to show your class and whatever.

Surprisingly she took down everything into her stomach, she even pitied her stomach afraid of facing the consequences of taking too much in a short time.

But she only had a little from each right?

She takes a lot of boomerangs adding some effects to make the videos more beautiful, she snaps with the girls Zarah and Amina of course then some with her mother and the queen of zazzau and some with her Hamma Ammar and the kings also, she badly wants to snap with Jamal and Haidar but she can't bring herself to do that, she captured every moment.

Everyone knew her passion for photography so they weren't a little bit surprised.

She and the girls go deep into the farm while having fun, she drags them towards the stable she has badly missed her horse, she moves closer to the twin horses that look so much alike and caresses them both lovingly with a lot of emotions clouding her eyes the girls are too busy admiring and snapping the other horses that they felt to see her change of state but someone from have noticed.

Well, he'd been keeping tabs on her every move since he saw her yesterday.

"Whose horse is this?" he asked startling her and pointing at her horse twin.

If this was a different situation she'd have been blushing by now, but no a very wrong timing.

"Someone important" she answered curtly and another thick silence envelope the atmosphere.

****

Rugar waru, Sokoto

After the bad events that took place in school, she can't still bring herself to stop thinking about the probability of her being non-human, that wasn't the first time she had such an episode but it still felt strange.

She can still recall how the remaining hours of school ended uneventfully while she suffered from a migraine but the pain is now subsiding, and she's hungry but she's not willing to cook because of Zainab but she has to and she's sure Zainab had eaten something since she's out with her bratty friends and boyfriends the girls do act like whores but she cares less about their attitude.

"Gafara dai" she heard the voice she dreaded the most.

Can this day get any worse, it's nobody's voice but that of Audu Waru her supposed fiancé.

"Lafiya?" she asked immediately she came into eye contact with him after going o...

"Amaryar audu" he sneered.

"In your dreams, you fool" she boomed.

"Hahaha, I'll let it go now but when you are my bride I'll medicine you," he said with his poor English that made her almost spit out her guts.

"You better, and thinking about marrying me you should better remove that disgusting thought from your empty brain because there's no way I'm marrying you" she spat and sauntered into the house.

She grabbed two packs of indomie noodles and then got into Umma's room that's open because Zainab was at home this time around If not she would have locked it up before leaving, she grabbed a sardine and two eggs, she's surely going to enjoy the moment while it last, she even thank Allah that Umma left, how she wished she wouldn't return now or never! That's how much she despises her mother.

She ate to the full forgetting about her worries for the time while she enjoyed the moment, she had a mini party that evening, in all her life she never felt less burdened like now she wondered if she'd eaten like this in her mother's room since she was born

But maybe if she goes on with the plan and leaves she will enjoy her life afterward but the question here is will she ever leave? or will she ever feel that happiness others feel? or is this just the beginning of her sad life

***

Cleopatra👑🌺🥀