six

BLAKE

I picked up the frayed book carefully, slowly flipping through the pages. I had read this before and had enjoyed it a lot but couldn't seem to find it in any bookshops. I reminded myself to look online later. I placed it into my tote bag and continued down the aisle, my eyes skimming the books carefully.

"Hi, excuse me!" I turned my face to meet a pair of hazel eyes. They were soft, inviting. The rest of the face matched the eyes, all inviting. His lips were a light pink, and very kissable. He was smiling at me, making his dimples noticeable. His hair was a curly mop on his head, but more importantly, he was talking to me.

"Sorry, hi" I smiled back, putting the book I was holding back in its place.

"Blake, right?" He asked, "I go to your school...You're friends with that Calum kid, right?"

"Uh huh" I replied, taking a step closer to him. "Oh, yeah! I remember you! You're in my art class right?"

The boy - Ashton, I think - grinned and nodded happily. "Yeah! You're a really good drawer, by the way. Is that what you want to be?"

I shook my head, "No, it's just something I enjoy doing"

Ashton bit his lip nervously and sighed. "So...Are you and Calum like, dating?"

"Us?" I laughed, "No way"

He smiled again, seeming more relaxed. "So it's alright to ask you out?" At my surprised expression he laughed. "What? You've never been asked out before?"

"I mean, sure. When I was popular," I chewed on my lip, "I just have no clue why you would want to ask me out. I mean, weren't you dating that Crystal chick?"

Ashton's smile faltered. "Uh, that's been over for a while now" He replied, though I could see a little bit of anger flash in his eyes, but it was gone in a second. I was sure I had imagined it. "So...tomorrow after school? You can come back to mine or we can go out for a late lunch?"

"What about both?" I smiled. Ashton beamed. I retrieved a pen from my bag and reached for his arm. I scribbled my number quickly and pulled back. "See you tomorrow" I told him before turning around with a small smile and walking away.

--

this chapter is so short oh well