four

BLAKE

Luke glanced over at me, clearly irritated by the constant vibration of my phone. "Since when were you so popular?" He hissed, glaring at my phone, "Doesn't your boyfriend know you're in class?"

"God, Calum is so not my boyfriend," I snorted. He raised an eyebrow to this but didn't reply. I quickly put my phone on do not disturb and sunk down into my seat, turning my attention to the teacher. Although I'm definitely not Luke's type, I decided to seat beside him instead of behind him. If Calum and I were going to be friends, I might as well try and be friends with his friends. Luke didn't mind at first, in fact he was happy to have someone to talk to, but then Calum started messaging me and he begun getting annoyed. He ignored it at first, until it got too much for him and he asked me to be quiet sternly.

After class, I had a message from Calum asking me to meet him down at the indoor soccer field at break, followed by a smiley face. I sighed and tugged my bag to my side, pulling my apple from it as I walked outside. The sun hit me and I smiled in content, peering down the long path I had to walk. Luke followed me silently, our feet crunching loudly on the rocks. "So...you're friends with Calum now?" He asked, almost awkwardly, as we made our way down.

"Yeah, I guess," I shrugged, "He offered to give me some shirts he didn't want and hasn't left me alone since"

Luke laughed, nodding. "Yeah, he does that" We were almost there; I could see the large building rising up in front of us and a people walking in and out. Calum stood by the door and when he spotted us, he grinned and waved. Before I could wave back, Luke walked forward, his hand in the air.

"Go away, Luke, I was waving to Blake" Calum snapped, glaring at his friend who just snorted and walked towards Michael. Calum turned to me with a bright smile. "I had my doubts, Rousseau"

"Okay, I'm officially scared," I frowned, glancing around. The only people here were Calum and I, as everyone had already gone in. "I feel like I'm going to be murdered. How do you know my last name?"

"Please, lots of people know it," Calum replied with a roll of his eyes, "You aren't going to die just yet, you're wearing my favourite shirt"

I mimicked his eye roll and followed him inside where people were shouting and playing a friendly game of soccer according to Calum. Everyone looked angry and kept swearing, yelling at everyone. "Why exactly am I here?" I asked Calum, watching as he moved bags off the bench and sat down, patting the seat next to him.

"I've noticed you have no friends," Calum stated honestly, "And we're friends, even if we met two days ago. It pains me to say this, Blake, but you're pretty cool. Not as cool as me, of course" He added quickly.

I laughed. "I have friends"

"What's their names, huh?" Calum challenge, nudging my knee with his playfully, "Are they unicorns? Elfs?"

"Shut up, I do have friends" I replied, pushing his knee back. He laughed lightly, placing a hand on my knee, keeping it in place. I turned my head to where Luke and Michael were kissing passionately, "Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm Muke as fuck"

"What?" Calum choked, turning to face me. He brought a knee up, leaning it against the wall behind us, "What the hell is Muke as fuck?"

I turned back to him with a frown. "Don't you worry, Hood"

He smirked, raising an eyebrow. "And how do you know my last name?"

"God, everyone knows your name," I replied. Calum smiled at me, shaking his head as I started drawing patterns with my finger on his knee. He watched me, sitting still as my finger drew the outline of a star. I glanced up at him to see him staring at me with a small smile. I smiled back and withdrew my hand, but he grasped it, shaking his head.

"Don't stop"

--

casually ends with a song reference.