eighteen

BLAKE

A knock on my window interrupted my sleepless thoughts. I frowned and rolled on to my side to take a look at the time, groaning when the light blue letters told me it was close to four in the morning. I swung my legs off the bed, flinching when my feet hit the cool floor. The knock came again, more desperate this time. Without thinking, I pulled back the curtain and stared at the dark figure outside my bedroom window. The figure was moved closer to the window and I froze, my hand tightening around the curtain.

"Blake!" I heard a muffled yell. I stepped away from the window, shaking my head furiously. Ashton touched the window softly, his eyes pleading for me to let him in, "Please"

I reached my shaking hand out and opened the window. Without a word, I spun around and sat down on my bed with my arms crossed, glaring at the gorgeous boy climbing through my window. "Blake," he whispered, stepping closer to me. He stopped as I held up a hand, shaking my head, "Please hear me out"

"Faggots?" I choked out, "You called them faggots, Ash. God, who knew Calum was right about you? That you were an asshole"

"Blake, it was a setup-"

"Shut up" I said through gritted teeth, standing up, "I don't want to hear you out. What I want is for you to leave my house"

Ashton glanced towards the window before looking at me again. Quickly, he stepped forward and placed his lips to mine. A second later he pulled away and stared at me, "I don't want this, Blake," He murmured before hurrying out the window. 

I stood there, the cool air kissing my bare arms and legs softly as silent tears rolled down my cheeks. I walked over to the window numbly and closed it before pulling the curtain closed. I fell back on my bed and stared up at the galaxy, my tears rolling off my cheeks and onto my pillows.

--

"Blake?" A hot breath tickled my ear and I waved my hand at the intruder, "Wake up, beautiful"

I moaned, rolling over and opening my eyes. Calum stared down at me, smiling. My eyes met his brown ones and I wanted nothing more than to kiss him. "What?" I mumbled.

"Ew, brush your teeth" Calum joked, stepping away from the bed, "And I came to make sure you're alright" 

I blinked in confusion, my hands placed behind me as i pushed myself up. Had Ashton visited me last night, or was it simply a dream? Once sitting, I ran my index finger across my lips softly, my eyebrows furrowed together.

"You alright?" Calum leaned forward once more, staring at me cautiously, "You don't look well"

I pulled my hand away from my lips and shook my head, giving Calum a tight smile. "I'm going to shower, alright?"

"I'll join" Calum stood, grinning, "It saves water, you know"

"Screw you, hood" I laughed, shaking my head. He chuckled as I walked across the room and into the bathroom. As I looked into the mirror, I froze, frowning. My dark hair was a mess and my eyes were red and puffy. I closed them softly, my torso leaning against the cool basin as I tried to control my breathing. All I felt was Ashton's lips on mine and how I missed him terribly. Slowly, I re-opened my eyes and turned towards the shower. I quickly stripped down and moved to stand under the warm water, my back against the cool tiles.

I slowly washed myself, messaging my hand as I scrubbed conditioner into it. "Blake, could you hurry up?" I heard Calum yell through the door. I sighed and quickly rinsed my hair before shutting off the water and getting up. I wrapped a towel around my body and one in my hair before opening the door. Calum was sitting down next to the door, my phone in his hand. "Ashton won't stop calling, sweetie"

I pursed my lips, leaning over him to see which phone. "Why isn't he calling on the other one?" I mused, grabbing the phone off an uncomfortable Calum. He looked away awkwardly and coughed. "Oh, get over it Cal, I'm wearing a towel"

"And nothing underneath?" He questioned, slowly turning to me with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and walked into my room, slamming the door. Once inside, I glanced down at my vibrating phone and clicked accept. "What?" I demanded, biting on my thumbnail.

"Blake"

"Ashton, go away" I sat on the edge of my bed, my towel threatening to fall open.

"I'm outside. please open the door" I could hear the desperation in his voice and my heart felt like it was breaking all over again. 

I glanced towards my window and stood up. When I pulled back the curtain and stared down, I sighed when I saw Ashton standing near the front door. "Go home, ash"

"Not until you forgive me"

"Blake!" Calum yelled through the door, "Are you decent? Can I come in?" Over the phone, Ashton breathed in deeply.

"Why is he there?"

"Because he is my friend," I replied.

The door opened and Calum walked in with his hands clamped over his eyes. When I didn't say anything, he removed them and spotted the phone before diving at me.

"Is that Ashton?" Calum demanded as he grabbed my waist and pinned me to the bed. I let the phone drop to the bed after my thumb hit the hang up button hastily. He ignored it, his brown eyes locked with my green eyes. I opened my mouth to speak but shut it as he leaned forward, his lips grazing mine. "Blake," he murmured against them, "Can I kiss you?"

I nod, my hand letting go of the towel. It stayed closed as Calum closed the distance between us and placed his lips against mine. My arms went around his neck and his hands held my thighs. I pulled him closer and he moaned softly.

"Blake," He mumbled, pulling away and placing his head in the crook of my neck, "You're basically naked right now and it's doing so many things to me right now"

I pushed him away, my cheeks flushed from our kiss. He was smiling at me, his white teeth shining. "Let me get dressed. I muttered, embarrassed. He chuckled, shaking his head as he left the room. I sat on the edge of the bed, and for the second time that morning, I raised my finger to my lips and touched them in a dazed. The only thought that I could comprehend was that Calum Hood was damn good kisser.

--

if you want to live i don't recommend imagining yourself as blake in the last scene