twenty seven

BLAKE

Throughout the week, Calum only spoke to me on two occasions. The first was when I asked him what's wrong and he blatantly told to me go away. The next was less mean, although it was abrupt. I was sitting with Luke, Michael and Yasmin at lunch one day when Calum came up to us. We were all confused - Calum hadn't sat with us all week - but we didn't question it. As the other three spoke, Calum turned to me with a sad expression, his voice barely audible as he murmured a small sorry. When I asked him what for, he turned away from me and didn't speak for the rest of the break.

Glad to have the miserable week over, I lay on my bed, my homework pushed aside as I read Flowers in the Attic. I clutched a pillow to my torso, my eyes lazily scanning the words. My mind wasn't completely into the book, it was also thinking about Calum. Checking my phone for the 10th time in the last 10 minutes, I frowned at the lack of messages. I tried to concentrate on the book in front of me, but my mind couldn't stop thinking about him. About his dumb shirts that I continued to wear, and his dumb hair that I loved to run my hands through, no matter how much it annoyed me. I thought about the last time we kissed and how his lips had tasted like lemon. We were sitting down in his room, both viciously playing Mortal Kombat X when he paused the game, causing a groan to escape my lips. He pulled me onto his lip, smiling up at me before tugging me down. Our lips connected and my eyes fluttered closed, my mouth opening to gasp in surprise. His lips were rough and cracked but they felt amazing against mine. His hands roamed my body before staying on my hips, causing my shirt to rise up. Instinctively, my arms wrapped around his neck, my fingers running through his hair softly. We broke away for a breath and that's when Calum's half-smile dropped and he pushed me off. I had turned to see his mum standing at the bottom of the stairs, holding a plate of cookies as she shook her head at us.

Now, back in my own bedroom, I closed my eyes softly and hoped Calum would talk to me. His silence was killing me and I just wanted to know why he was shutting everyone out. As if on cue, my door creaked open and closed. I didn't turn, thinking it was just my mum checking up on me, but when a strong pair of arms wrapped around me and pulled against a male body, I knew exactly who it was. "Calum" I breathed, turning my head to the side to look at him. His eyes were focused on mine, his lips forming a somewhat smile.

"Babe" He replied. I squirmed in his grip, turning myself around so I was facing him. He leaned forward, his eyes half-closed as he kissed my nose gently. "You hate me, don't you?"

My eyes widened in shock. His eyes were full closed now, like he didn't want to see me when I answered. Slowly, I pressed my lips to his. They were still rough and still tasted like lemon, but they didn't respond straight away. His arms stiffened around me, his eyes opened quickly as he stared at me in shock. When I went to pull away, hurt from rejection, he quickly pulled me back, closing the small gap that had formed between us. He pulled me on top of him, my knees on either side of his hip. His hands were on my face, holding me there as he kissed me roughly. It wasn't rough as in forced, more like rough as in passionate. My hands were on his stomach, then his chest before finally wrapped around his neck. Slowly, his hands traveled down my cheek, my neck, my entire body before resting on my ass. I shifted, my chest against his as he moaned, the feeling vibrating through my body. His lips moved to the corner of my mouth and then to my jaw, letting me catch my breath. My breathing was heavy, my heart pounding in my chest as he kissed my neck, looking up at me through his eyelashes, his lips forming a smirk against my skin. He pulled away and I made a noise in the back of my throat that was somewhere between a groan and a whine. Calum chuckled and shook his head, kissing my nose again. As he pulled away, I tried to catch his lips in another kiss but he moved away.

"Steady, sweetheart" He murmured, his eyes half-closed drunkenly. I pouted, moving away from him so my back was straight. His hands fell limply to his side and he quickly moved them to my thighs. "Your mum is downstairs, remember?"

"So?" I snapped. My quick anger only made him laugh, still shaking his head. I pulled away completely, sitting on knees away from him. "Well, that can be the last time you kiss me, buddy"

Calum sighed. "I don't want it to be now. I want it to be special, okay? Do you want to know?" When I only looked away, my arms crossed over my chest he continued, slowly moving closer to me. "Because I love you, and when we finally have sex-"

"If" I interjected.

"When," Calum smiled. "When we have sex, I want it to be amazing, and something you'll never forget" I slowly turned to him. He was sitting on his knees as well, our knees touching ever so gently. "So, you'll thank me for stopping one day"

I didn't reply. I glanced down at my hands that were now sitting in my lap, clenched into fists. Slowly I worked up the courage to ask. "Why haven't you spoken to me all week?" I mumble. When he didn't reply, I asked again, louder.

"I heard you," Calum sighed. "I just...I didn't want to lose you. And don't give me that look," He narrowed his eyes when I gave him a confused look. "I have every reason to worry about Ashton stealing you back, Blake. Actually, I have every reason to worry about any guy stealing you back. You were popular once"

I shuddered at the memory. "But I don't want them" I reassure him, grasping his hand gently. "They don't mean anything to me"

"You can't say that you don't feel anything towards Ashton" Calum pulled away. "I saw the way he look at you on Monday, and how you looked at him. It's obvious there's a connection"

"But am I with him right now?" I snap. Calum glanced down and didn't reply, leaving us in an uncomfortable silence. After a while I speak up. "You shouldn't be worried"

"But I am"

"Well, stop" I leaned forward for the second time that evening and kissed him on the cheek, but he managed to turn just in time to catch my lips with his. This time, we seemed to melt together, our bodies and lips working perfectly together. And that's how I knew that I truly loved Calum.

--

can you believe this is the last chapter?? there's an epilogue and then it's over :-((