three

CALUM

I watched with a small smile as Blake hurried past, her head down. I knew she was trying to go unnoticed by me, but she didn't do a very good job. She was wearing my favourite Beatles shirt, paired with blue jeans and converse. Her curly hair was left out naturally, framing her face. I smiled to myself and retrieved my phone from my back pocket, clicking on her name.

CALUM: you look great in my shirt, blake.

BLAKE: YO HOMIE! LUKE IS HOT SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SET A GIRL UP

BLAKE: ps. thanks but i look good in everything ;)

CALUM: you're so conceited

CALUM: and no you're mine!!

BLAKE: he's in my history class so i'll just talk to him then

CALUM: never thought i'd wish i had taken history instead of sport studies

BLAKE: how come luke doesn't do sport studies?

BLAKE: i mean, he still looks damn fine but still

CALUM: he was more interested in history

BLAKE: that's so hot

CALUM: look can we stop talking about him please

CALUM: i mean, did he give you band tees???

BLAKE: do you think he has any??? DO YOU THINK HE'LL GIVE ME SOME??

I frowned and locked my phone, stuffing it back into my pocket. Luke was still talking about something - his dog? - and hadn't noticed I wasn't listening. I stared at him with a frown, trying to figure why he was attractive to her. Was it because he was tall? I was just a little shorter, hardly noticeable. Was it his blue eyes? I liked all eye colours, especially Blake's. They reminded me of dravite, a beautiful brown. Sighing, I shook my head softly and tried to concentrate on what Luke was saying.

"-So she's okay and all, just a small cold" He finished, grinning. I nodded and watched as Michael came up to us, dragging Luke away quickly. They both gave me a departing smile as they rushed into school. I frowned and followed them slowly, my eyes scanning for a short, beautiful girl. She was sitting by the canteen, a book balanced on her crossed legs as she munched on a breakfast bar.

As if sensing me, Blake glanced up as I walked towards her. She pouted and closed her book, brushing herself off as she stood. She walked the short distance between us, placing her book into her bag. "Why'd you stop replying?" She asked, confused.

"You kept talking about Luke," I shrugged, hoping she didn't see how much it hurt my feelings, "And most of the girls that talk to me ask about him. It gets annoying, you know"

"Oh"

"And if you are looking for Luke, he probably went off to make out with Michael" I continued, noticing her wandering eyes.

"What?" Her eyes snapped back towards me. They were wide, confused.

"People really need to catch up," I sighed, shaking my head, "They're gay, Blake"

"Don't shit with me" Blake scrunched up her nose in confusion, tilting her head to the side, "I mean, I knew Michael was gay, but Luke? Are they dating?"

"Yes, but don't say that in front of them" I warned as we walked to class, "They will kill you. Also, don't mention the fact that they're gay, they hate being labelled"

"Yeah, me too"

"Wait, you're not straight?" I paused, turning to her in shock. She laughed, throwing her head back slightly as she did so, "I'm confused, help a man out"

"God, I'm as straight as a ruler," Blake rolled her eyes, pausing in front of the photography room, "I meant I hate labels, and labelling people. Anyway, this is my class. See you, stalker"

--

CALUM: help me

BLAKE: can you please shut up. i'm in history

CALUM: so...????

BLAKE: PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE TO LEARN ABOUT THE TROJAN WAR

CALUM: don't trust anything people give you. there. lesson learnt.

BLAKE: so i shouldn't trust the shirts you gave me? oh god...is there a camera in them??

CALUM: ;)

BLAKE: THIS IS A SERIOUS MATTER THAT'S ILLEGAL YOU WOULD HAVE SEEN ME NAKED

CALUM: have you worn one to bed?

BLAKE: why?

CALUM: because if there was a camera in them i'd made it on the inside so when you wear one to bed and you no bra on...well you know

BLAKE: stop

BLAKE: i'm going to get home and burn them all

BLAKE: and then do my hw because apparently i can't get into any more trouble

BLAKE: so goodbye. i don't want to get caught

CALUM: NO PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME. I'M SO BORED.

CALUM: fine i'll spam you lol

CALUM: ACRUALLY i'm lazy

CALUM: go away autocorrect

CALUM: bye

CALUM: ily

--
i didn't realise how much i loved this story tbh