twelve

BLAKE

Ashton smiled at me, grasping my hand as he let me through the streets. I followed, almost reluctantly next to him. "Ash, seriously. Where are we going?"

"It's a secret" Ashton replied, perking up when he turned into a street. We walked past a few stores and I immediately recognized where we were, but I wasn't about to tell Ashton that. He was excited, ready to show me a place he thought no one knew about. So I stayed quiet until we stood outside a small vintage music store, posters of old bands plastered on the windows. He stared at me nervously, still smiling. "So, uh, do you like it?"

"I've been here before" I admitted with a sigh as I pushed on the door. A familiar bell rang through the place, making the worker glance up. His brown eyes met mine and they lit up, the corners of his mouth quirked up into a smile. I paused and sighed again, frowning. "Calum?"

"Well, hello there" He swung himself off the counter he was sitting on and walked swiftly over to Ashton and I. He glanced at Ashton briefly, giving him a tight smile. "Stalking me are you?"

"Oh, shut up," I replied, though I laughed lightly. I turned to the boy next to me who was staring at Calum with narrow eyes, anger clear in his eyes. "Ashton brought me here"

"Okay" Calum replied. Still not looking at Ashton, Calum turned around and walked back to the desk, Ashton's eyes burning into his back with every step, "Do you want anything specific?"

"No, we're just looking" Ashton spoke up before I could, snaking his arm around my waist. That earned a glare from Calum that both of us ignored. "She's showing me some music"

"Yeah, I've heard" Calum grumbled with a roll of his eyes, "Even though that's Blake and I's thing"

"Get over it, Cal" I told him, watching curiously as Ashton somewhat stormed off. I turned back to Calum and sauntered over to him. "Are you okay? You seem...well angry. Both of you"

"I'm fine," He replied, shrugging as he turned away from me, "Though Ashton doesn't seem to like me all that much"

"Hm" I hummed. "Is there a reason for that?"

Calum didn't reply, only continued playing with the pen he had grabbed. Sighing, I leaned against the counter. After a few seconds, he replied. "No, there isn't. I promise"

"Okay" I hesitated. There was obviously some bad blood between the two of them, but I didn't push it. Someone was going to tell me sooner or later. I was going to make sure of it.

--

"Blake," Luke sat next to me, Michael on the other side. "Oh, sweet Blake. We gotta talk"

I glanced at him sideways, placing the book on the table in front of me. I thought they were kidding, but one look at their faces told me they were being dead serious. "About? Is everything okay? You look angry," I paused, licking my dry lips, "Well, as angry as you two can get"

"Hey," Michael grunted from my left, crossing his arms over his chest, "I'm pretty scary! Maybe not Luke, but I am"

"Yeah, the pink hair makes me go running for the hills" I replied dryly, smirking as Luke snorted next to me. "But seriously guys, what's up?"

"It's Cal" Luke said.

"What about Cal?"

"He likes you, Blake. You bloody idiot" Michael snapped, clearly annoyed at my hair joke, "Are you that blind?"

"Actually, I have 20 20 vision" I joked. I could almost slap myself. It times like this, where information that I didn't want to hear was presented to me, all I could do was joke. "He doesn't like me, guys. Trust me"

"Trust you? We're his best friends," Luke groaned, "Aren't girls supposed to notice these things?"

"We are," I began picking my books up, standing. "So, if he liked me, I'll know, okay? He does not like me" I walked away, only making it until I was out of their sight before pulling my phone out.

BLAKE: we need to talk

CAL PAL: is this the part where you tell me that you like ash better than me bc i will not be happy

BLAKE: no. this is the part where i ask you about something muke told me

CAL PAL: what did the losers say now?"

BLAKE: do you like me

CAL PAL: sure. you're a pretty cool girl. i thought you knew that ???

BLAKE: no i mean

BLAKE: like me

BLAKE: like me like i like ashton

CAL PAL: what oh god

CAL PAL: they told you that???

CAL PAL: it's not true, blake

CAL PAL: you're so not my type

CAL PAL: i'd never date you wtf

BLAKE: oh

BLAKE: ok

BLAKE: well, thx gotta blast bye

CALUM: WAIT VLAKE NO