twenty three

BLAKE

I held up the black dress, facing Yasmin with a grin. "Do you like it?" I asked her. The dress was an off the shoulder skater dress that was too tight around my chest and arms, while Yasmin was smaller in those areas.

Yasmin grasped the hanger and held the dress up against her body, staring into my mirror. "It's really pretty" She said honestly, smiling.

"And you'll look amazing in it" I reassured her. She bit her lip as she thought before nodding. "You can change in the bathroom across the hall if you like"

After Yasmin left the room, I took off my own clothes and replaced them with a pair of boyfriend jeans and a v-neck black shirt. A soft knock on the door was followed by Yasmin opening it slowly, "Do I look alright?" I turned, my hair gathered in my hand as I tied it up. Yasmin had her hands on her thin waist, her eyes staring down at the dress.

"You look amazing" I promised as I slid on my shoes, "Are you ready?"

"Yeah, I just need to know what I can and can't say in front of Calum" Yasmin stared at herself in the mirror, unsure, "Like, about Ashton and whatnot"

"Just, don't mention Ashton at all," I sighed, "It's all very complicated"

"I can tell" Yasmin said with a nod. "So don't mention Ashton, got it. But isn't he going to be there as well?"

"Yeah" I frowned, "I don't know though. The people throwing the party hate him"

"Your life is so complicated, I swear" Yasmin joked, picking up her phone. I shrugged my shoulders, picking up my own bag. "Is this like, a party in the movies, or just a get together?"

"Hopefully just a small thing" I replied, exiting my room with Yasmin following. My mum took us there, giving us a lecture about drinking and safe sex on the way. "Mum, seriously. Yasmin and I will be fine"

"I just don't want her mum hating me, alright?" My mum whispered to me, "and I don't want Yasmin hating you, because honestly, you need friends"

I gave her a look before climbing out of the car. Yasmin thanked my mum for the lift before following me, looking at Michael's house nervously. "Not a lot of cars are here, so hopefully it's just a small party" I reassured Yasmin, smiling at her. She nodded, following me to the front door.

"Blakey!" Michael pulled me into a hug before facing Yasmin with a grin, "Hi! You must be Yasmin! Cal told me Blake finally made a girl friend"

"I have you and Luke, isn't that close enough?" I joked, pushing past him and into the house.

"Hi" Yasmin smiled at Michael as she passed him.

"I'm Michael," Michael extended a hand and Yasmin shook it. "and Blake, I'll have you know, just because Luke and I are gay, does not mean we act anything like girls"

"Hm," I nod, smirking, "Of course you don't"

Michael pouted and sulked off, his arms crossed over his chest. Yasmin laughed at our banter, shaking her head. We followed Michael to the living room, and I could feel my head already spinning. So far, it was only Michael, Luke, Calum and us here, much to my relief.

"How many other people are there?" I asked, dropping into the chair next to Calum, "Is this like a super big party?"

Luke stared at Yasmin curiously as she sat next to him, smiling at him. They began speaking and I relaxed a little, glad she was getting along with my friends. Calum shrugged, sipping on the beer he already had, "I don't think it's going to be really big, but it might be"