twenty one

CALUM

Blake's body under mine was warm and small. Her hands were placed on my back gently as I continued to kiss her, making my way from her lips to her neck.

"Calum," She murmured, placing her hands back onto my chest as she pushed me away, "We really can't do this"

"Do what?" I questioned, kissing her jawline. She made a noise of appreciation before pushing me with force. I groaned and stood up, staring down at the beautiful girl on my her, "Blake, why?"

"Friends" was all she said as she stood from the bed, brushing past me. She entered the bathroom, leaving me standing in the middle of my room. I stared at the closed door, the word 'friends' repeating itself in my mind. Why couldn't she see that I didn't want to be friends?

Moments later, Blake exited the bathroom and smiled at me as she crawled into my bed, pulling the covers over her body. I slowly climbed in next to her and she turned on her side to face me. The lamp was dim, casting shadows on the walls and floor. Blake stared at me, her eyelids fluttering closed every so often.

"Cal?" She murmured as she drifted off to sleep.

"Yeah, babe?"

"I think I'm going to give Ashton another chance..."

--

The next morning, I woke up to an empty bed. My arm was draped over a pillow instead of Blake's warm body. I sat up and rubbed my eyes sleepily, glancing around the empty room. Blake's dress and shoes were still thrown messily near the stairs and her bag hung from the banister, so I knew she hadn't left yet. I swung my legs off the bed and made my way up the stairs, pushing open the door.

Voice travelled from the kitchen to where I was and I could smell french toast and hear the sizzle of the oil. As I got closer to the kitchen I heard more of their conversation.

"Are you two dating yet?" My mum asked, causing me to blush as I placed my body flat against the wall.

Blake laughed softly and I could picture her shaking her head, causing her hair to fall over her face. I smiled to myself, waiting for her answer. "No, we're just friends"

"Oh?" My mum murmured back and I quickly hurried into the kitchen to stop the conversation from continuing. My mum turned to me, startled. "Speak of the devil"

Blake smiled at me and turned back to my mum, starting a new conversation. I took the opportunity to gaze over Blake's body. she sat on a stool, one leg over the other with her hands placed firmly in her lap. I noticed that she had gone through my drawer and had retrieved a pair of my sweatpants that looked way to big for her.

"Calum," My mum snapped and I slowly turned my head towards her. Blake giggled, her hand over her mouth to quiet it. "Are you going to come in or are you going to stand there and gawk at the poor girl?"

"The latter seems alright" I joked as I walked over to Blake and slid into the spot next to her. The plate in front of her had maple syrup on it, but no evidence of any food. I glanced over to the pan hungrily, "Is that mine?"

My mum sighed and nodded as she placed a toast on to a plate and slid it over to me, along with the syrup. "So, what are you two doing today?"

"Oh," Blake glanced at the clock suddenly, "I should probably head home. Thank you for breakfast and letting me stay"

"What?" I frowned, "Why? Where are you going?"

"I have plans, Cal" She kissed my cheek before hurrying back to my room.

My mum turned to me with a smirk. "You like her don't you?"

"Shut up" I groaned, stabbing the bread in front of me with my fork.