1

S o p h i e

It was the first day of my senior year in high school, and I already couldn't wait for it to be over.

I took a quick shower before getting ready. I put on a pair of ripped skinny jeans, a black band t-shirt, and some vans. I brushed my teeth, did my hair and makeup, and headed downstairs for breakfast.

My mom was sitting at the kitchen table already. "Ready for your first day back?" She asked excitedly.

I shrugged as I grabbed an apple. I took a bite and grabbed my bag. "I have to go or else I'll be late. Bye Mom," I said as I gave her a kiss on the cheek and walked out the door.

The walk to school took about 15 minutes, which gave me a lot of time to think. The New York air whipped around my face as I wondered what this school year would bring. I started to think about universities, but I soon arrived at school and pushed that thought to the back of my mind.

I walked to my locker, saying hi to people I recognized as I went. I wasn't exactly popular, but I knew a lot of people and had my own circle of friends. I unlocked my locker and was just about to start getting my books when someone opened the locker next to mine. I glanced over out of the corner of my eye and saw it was Luke Hemmings, the nerd of the school.

Luke was a nerd since the first day of freshman year. He started out small and a little chubby, but by now he had evened out. He was about six feet tall, taller than most guys in our school. He wore glasses, had some acne, and was the shyest kid I've ever seen.

I had gotten my books out of my locker and was about to go to my best friend Allie's locker, when Luke was shoved against the lockers. I gasped and moved away. "Hey there, nerd. Do some studying over the summer?" I heard Tyler say. Tyler was, of course, the school jock and the captain of the football team.

I quickly walked away as they bullied Luke more, not wanting to get involved. I had seen it go down enough times to know better than to stick around. I finally made it to Allie's locker. "Allie!" I exclaimed as I gave her a hug.

"Sophie! I barely saw you for the rest of the summer after I went on vacation. Anything new happen?" She made casual conversation as we walked to our first class, History, together.

"Nah, same old. What about you? How was the beach?" I replied.

I listened as Allie told me all about her beach vacation until we arrive at our classroom. We took seats next to each other in the back of the room.

The bell rang and our teacher walked in. "Morning class. I'm Mr. Walker, I'm going to be your history teacher this year."

He went over everything we were going to learn and his expectations. Finally, the bell rang again, signaling that it was time for our next class.

The rest of the day went somewhat like this until it was finally time to leave. I grabbed my stuff and made a beeline to the front doors. I started to walk home until I heard laughing and jeering behind me. I turned around briefly to see Luke being bullied again by Tyler and his friends. Luke turned down a different street and Tyler left.

I ignored the scene I just witnessed and kept walking home.

• • • • •

HELLOOOOO

NEW FANFIC YAY

I REALLY WANTED TO DO ONE LIKE THIS LIKE 5SOS AT SCHOOL SO HERE WE ARE

OH AND I AM DEFINITELY GOING TO TRY TO UPDATE THIS MORE OFTEN SO HOORAY FOR THAT

~Ava :)