chapter 7: training

KIIARA
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

The beds were absolutely comfy. I was comfortably nuzzled in the sheets till some obnoxious ringing surrounds my room.

I jump up startled.

I look around my room for the nagging electronic and spot rectangular silver piece of device mounted on the wall in front of me.

It was blinking the time and blaring the noise.

7:50am.

I groan, getting out of the bed and walking to the device.

I tap and tap on it but the sound still emits.

"UGH."

I press another button which turns it off.

"Good morning, today is Tuesday 7:50 am. The  temperatu-"

"You won't be speaking the temperature when I beat your ass to the ground", I say to the device.

"Freakin woke me up from that comfy bed", I say to the alarm.

I take a deep breath and look at the device.

Then take a double look.

The device emitted a calendar and on today's date it said "First Day of Training 8:15am"

Gabriel never told me.
He's gonna pay for this.

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

I do my bathroom duties and slip into black leggings and a black short sleeve.

The only makeup I had was a concealer stick and chapstick, so that's what I use.

I was a queen of eyeliner, it really complimented my eye shape and my black shiny hair, and I was really missing my eyeliner.

I shrug at the mirror.

As good as it's gonna get.

A knock raps on my door and I open it.

"Gabriel."

"Morning, today's your-"

I throw my hair brush at his face.

"Ow!" He covers his side of his face. "What the hell, Kiiara?"

"That's for not telling me my training starts today. I had to find out from an annoying piece of rectangle technology!"

"Ah, you met your Homespace."

"My home wha?"

Gabriel sighs. "Homespace. It's in every building here. Each agent is assigned one that tells them the criteria of the day and helps you out. It's like a super sophisticated Alexa."

Nile has his own Alexa company? Damn.

"We are heading to the cafeteria. You wanna come now or you remember the way?"

In all honesty I wasn't paying attention during the tour.

"I remember but I'm hungry so I'll go with you now."

Gabriel gives me a knowing look. "Mhm."

I slap his shoulder as I lock my "apartment"door. "Shut up."

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

The cafeteria was spacious with 60% walls as windows.

There were multiple light blue tables, some high and some low with a buffet style food.