chapter 47: how do i let her go?

NILE
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
5am

I drove all through the city.
The wind calmed my hurting heart,
But not nearly as much as Kiiara would calm me.

I went to her old house and knocked. The place looked like it hasn't been touched but I didn't want to lose hope. I knocked, I went around the back, I even managed to open the door but to my disappointment it was empty.

I looked at hotels, motels, but nothing. It was now 5am and I was driving back to the base.

My heart fucking hurts.
It hurts so bad I think I started breathing for her instead of me since I met her.

I was mad when my men messed up our mission and brought a girl instead.

What was I supposed to do with her?
But when they took the mask off her and I saw the anger in her big brown eyes, and her hair splayed all over her face, I was thinking she was my mistake.

She was here for me.

And she was. She was my backbone through it all, but I know she can't say the same about me.

I pulled her away from her brother and made her train against her own will. Anything she's been through the past few months is because of me.

And it hurts. It hurts me to know that she was a positive in my life, a lifeline, but to her I was someone who could take her life away if she didn't listen to me.

I would never.
Doesn't she know that? I would never harm her, the thought of it disgusts me.

I park a little away from my place, near a cliff with a pretty view of the city. I park my motorcycle and lean on it, staring at the aaakening city. It was 5am and the sky was a grey blue.

I scan the sight.
Where are you baby?
I want to work things out.

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
5:30am
Apartment

I reach my apartment and open the door, not feeling tired but feeling exhausted all at once.

I put my keys down.

"Thank God. Where the fuck did you go?", Luca hurriedly reaches the front door.

I roll my eyes. "I don't want to talk."

He blocks me from stepping into my room and I give him an angry glare.

"You can't disappear like that, we were all worried. What, you went to go find her? At midnight?"

"You don't have the authority to tell me shit",
I spit.

Luca glares at me. "You're mad. I know. And you deserve to be. But if she doesn't want to be found don't find her yet. "

I roll my eyes and try to move past him but he stops me.

"Listen hermano. You want her back right? Give her space then. Forcing her to see you when she doesn't want to us going to push her away from you more. She cares for you. I saw it when she looks at you and when she finds you in a crowd. "