chapter 51: getting closer

^ our wifey Kiiara :)
NILE
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
January 1
1:00pm

I woke up and rubbed my eyes.
Goddammit, my head hurts.

My bed felt so comfortable, but something in my body was telling me that it was late, and so was the sun. I feel for my phone and check the time.

1:00pm
Great.

I flip over to the other side of the bed, eyes closed when a certain smell flipped my stomach inside out.
I open my eyes and see the pillow I'm laying on.
It smelled like Kiiara.

So it wasn't a dream.

Then, I remember everything. Or at least I think I remember everything.

Gabe was annoying me to sleep but I was hell-bent on seeing Kiiara...which means she came.

She came for me. I remember us talking on the bed just a few hours ago. I don't remember all we spoke about but I remember how I felt.

At peace and so happy. So fucking happy.

I stare at the ceiling and sigh, not knowing how to feel about her coming to see me.

I will myself out of bed and head to the bathroom. I see opened bottles and I remember how Kiiara helped me shower last night.

Is she still here?

My heart raced at the thought and I open my bedroom door and lookout. It was empty and quiet. I open the guest room that used to be hers. Not here.
I look for a note, anything, and when I don't find one I call Gabe.

He answers fast.

"Good afternoon."

"Is Kiiara still here?"

"Good afternoon to you too Gabe", he says with sarcasm. "No, she left soon after. How much do you remember?"

"Enough to know she was here. She came for me?"

"We were worried as fuck if you had a concussion and you literally would not move if we didn't get her. So yeah, she came."

I close my eyes, hating how I was wasted the first time I saw her after months.

"God I wish I remembered more", I whisper.

"She's not here, Nile. She went back." I could hear the tone in his voice.

She came for you, but she doesn't wanna stay.

"How are you feeling? Need me to get anything?", he asks.

"Anything for the headache."

"You got it, man."
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
January 10th

After my horrible hangover, I got back into my routine.

Wake up early, morning workouts

Showers, Breakfast

Work, Training,

And spending time with my friends.

Grey Mafia had a big mission yesterday and had the blessing to save 100 lives. Many agents were dead tired, and many were taking it slow today. It was Friday and a long weekend.

Gabe texted me that Nina and him were going to Kiiara's to spend the weekend with her.

I told him to have fun, and that I'd hang out with Luca.

It was 10 pm, and Luca and I were eating dinner. My specialty was pasta while his was chicken, so we worked in the kitchen together and put on a movie.

As I am about to eat, Luca snatches my plate, the fork midway to my mouth.