chapter 5: the offer

KIIARA
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

I woke up in the room they gave me. I sit up groggy and confused on how I was in the hospital and now in this room.

I rub my eyes as my head throbs and I sigh.

My eyes move to the nightstand which held a glass of water, a bottle and a piece of paper.

I pick up the bottle to see Motrin and read the note.

For your headache because I know you have one.
Breakfast is on your dresser.
Look decent you have a meeting with the mafia at 10.
~Gabriel

I look at the time. 9:30. I sigh, taking the Motrin and head for a shower.

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
9:50am

I look at the bathroom mirror which only showcases my top half. I wore all black because Gabriel screamed through the door I should. Black ribbed long sleeve with matching pants.

My hair was jet black and in a straight lob that framed my face. I loved eyeliner but I didn't have much to work with since I was held captive.

I sigh, opening the door. Gabriel looks at me through his mask and his eyes give me a smile. He hands me a small muffin.

"Morning. You ready?"

I shrug. "Nervous. What's this for?"

"He has an offer to make you."

"Yeah, but what kind? That could mean so many things."

He locks the door of my room as we walk on the concrete, the May sun was calm today.

After walking a bit in silence I sigh.

"Do you think I should take this offer?"

"I think you'll know once you hear what it is."

"Gabriel, I'm seriously asking for advice right now."

He stops to look at me. "I think you should."

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
9:55am

We step into the open garage we were in the day I arrived. There was a huge rectangle table with men in the same black masks as Gabriel, only showcasing their eyes.

I stop in my tracks feeling nervous but Gabriel puts his hand back on my back beckoning me to more forward. He sits me on the foot of the table. All around me were men with broad shoulders, some conversing with each other and others staring at me.

I fix my posture, standing straight as Gabriel sits by me.

"You'll be okay, the meeting shouldn't take longer than 20 minutes."

He sits with me for a few minutes till the door opens and a tall figure in black steps out.

The room goes quiet immediately.

Damn, power much?

He sits at the other side of the table, the head.

So the first thing I see straight ahead is him.

Well, his green green eyes.

He stares at me head on, like he was daring me to keep eye contact.

The difference was my face was on display for my emotions and his wasn't.

I look next to him to see Gabriel taking a seat to his left.

Panic hits me a bit knowing he wasn't gonna be next to me and I tense.