Chapter 35

Here's the next chapter! :) I hope you like it! Let's hope that this answers some of your questions... and if it doesn't sorry. :( Anyway, the picture on the side is of Troy and Dahlia on the side again. :)

Chapter 35

                Troy tried to wrap his mind around the possibility that Kayla was his half-sister. But to his mind, it was practically impossible. And yet, his mother had explained to him the story and had made it sound so reasonable!

                “Do you understand now?” Kayla asked him.

                Troy nodded. “Yes.”

                He felt Dahlia’s eyes boring into his back as he and Kayla embraced. Noticing the other’s expressions over her shoulder, he was amused to see their startled faces.

                “And I thought that Kayla hates relationships,” Cedric said dryly.

               The others, including Arulan and Romulus and the exception of Dahlia, laughed at Cedric’s comment. Troy and Kayla broke apart, with the latter putting her hands on her hips.

                “Troy’s my half-brother,” she said.

                “Oh!” Dahlia couldn’t help exclaiming.

                “How?” Hunter exclaimed in astonishment.

                “Our mother was the same person,” Troy explained. “Our fathers were different. That’s how she is a Magician of Earth and I’m a Magician of Fire.”

                “But… but she’s, like, one hundred years old!” Tamarak spluttered.

              Luna nodded slowly. “I get it now,” she said, softly. “So that’s why everything was confusing.”

                “Huh?” Troy asked.

                Luna smiled at him. “You guys do look a little alike. Your hair is the same shade. But you guys don’t look completely alike to be full blooded siblings.”

              The possibility of Kayla and him being siblings was still beyond Troy’s ability to understand. Hastily attempting to push it to the back of his mind, he desperately sought around for something else to think about.

               Troy cleared his throat. “Um… Cedric, do you have your memories back?”

                Cedric nodded. “You were out for a long time.”

                “I can tell,” Troy grumbled.

                Meanwhile, Sapphire had already risen to her feet. She looked a little unsteady on her feet and her face was pale.

                “Now,” Arulan said. “Would you like a tour of the Elemental Academy?”

                “And a shower too,” Romulus said pointedly, looking at Tamarak.

                “Are you saying I smell?” Tamarak asked, angrily.

                “Just a tad,” Romulus said, lazily.

                Tamarak got to his feet, his fists clenched. Sapphire hastily stepped between the boys and placed one hand on each boy’s chest.