Chapter 23

And here is the next chapter! I'm really sorry if you had to wait a long time for this one, but I had a debate competition... so anyway, it's complicated. I just hope you enjoy it and don't kill me if you think it's too short! Sorry about the length. Anyway, I'll try to update it as soon as I can. :) The chapter will be dedicated to another loyal reader as usual. ;) Picture of Troy and Dahlia on the side. :)

Chapter 23

                “How? Where?” Troy demanded, scrambling for his sword in his bag.

                “There!” Dahlia gasped. “She’s-“

                “Dancing with Hunter,” Luna groaned; her silver eyes were gleaming brightly and her porcelain-white face was clammy.

                Troy glanced at the dance floor. The familiar auburn-haired girl was slow-dancing with Hunter, like Luna had said. She was dressed in modern clothes, jeans and a white lacy blouse.

                As she and Hunter rotated in a circle, she winked at Troy.

                Instantly, he froze, feeling like she had trapped him under a spell of sorts. Unable to pull his gaze away, he stared at her, their eyes locked.

                “Troy!” Dahlia pulled sharply at his arm, breaking him out of the trance.

                He jerked, knocking his plate of food into his lap and his glass of Coke to the floor. Instinctively, he brought his sword up, but he stopped when he realized it was Dahlia.

                “Oh my gosh, I’m sorry,” Troy stammered.

                Dahlia shook her head, terrified. She fumbled for her dagger, her fingers numb with fear. Luna stopped her with a quick shake of her head.

                “No,” Luna hissed. “The others are in no shape to have a battle with Alyssa and Alistair. That girl is Alyce’s twin sister. And if she’s here, so is her father, Alistair. We have to get out of here.”

                “Still not good,” Dahlia muttered.

                “Troy, go and get Sapphire and Tamarak,” Luna whispered. “Dahlia, get Cedric. I’ll get Kayla. Then we’ll approach Hunter.”

                “But-” Troy began.

                Luna glared at him. “No arguments!”

                Never before had Luna scared them. Her face, which seconds ago had been white, was now flushed pale pink.

                Dahlia and Troy shot out of the booth and scrambled towards the dance floor. Luna hurried towards the bar, her face losing its entire colour until it was white again.

                Troy and Dahlia split up half-way across the dance floor. He weaved his way towards the area where Sapphire and Tamarak were dancing.

                Breathlessly, he tugged at Tam’s arm, trying to get him look at him. But the couple were too busy dancing and kissing that he might have been trying to pull at a mountain!

                “Guys!” Troy snapped. “We have to go!”

                Neither of them paid him any attention. He might as well have been a fly that was trying to irritate them.