Chapter 7

Picture of Cedric on the side! :) Please vote and comment as usual and please identify yourselves to me so I can dedicate my chapters to my loyal readers! :)

Chapter 7

                Troy and Dahlia nodded in unison. Both of them trusted Kayla in the sense that she knew what was probably best for them and for the survival of the magicians.

                Kayla spoke. “Can you shadow-travel wherever you want now, Troy?” Kayla asked.

                Troy shook his head. “Most of the time, I just end up somewhere on Earth. Last time, I only got to Paris because Dahlia charmed me again.”

                “But Dahlia can’t do that all the time, can you, Dahlia?” Kayla said, frowning.

                “Not all the time, it’s true,” Dahlia admitted. “What would happen if I were unconscious? And Troy only got here by chance because I just happened to wake up. It’s risky.”

                Troy nodded. “Are there any other shadow morphers who can help me?” he asked.

                “Not that I know of,” Kayla said, shaking her head. “And most gifts are slightly different in their own ways; all extra powers are unique. The way that no person is truly the same. If two people were telekinetics, for example, one would be stronger than the other.”

                “So how do I train?” Troy asked.

                “I’ll see if I can summon a shadow morpher from the dead who can train you,” Kayla replied. “You can help by turning into a shadow. That would also help you practise your powers.”

                “When do we start?” Troy asked. “And can Dahlia help me?”

                Kayla shook her head. “That’s cheating.”

                “Not fair!” Troy wanted to stamp his foot like a two-year-old.

                “And we’ll start after you’ve had some breakfast,” Kayla finished, ignoring Troy’s outburst.

                Dahlia smiled slightly at the indignation on Troy’s face. He looked cute when he was cross. His dark untidy hair fell in his eyes and his eyebrows scrunched together.

                Just then Sapphire re-entered the room. She now had her staff slung in a bag over one shoulder. Her dagger was still at her side.

                “What’s that?” Troy asked, gesturing towards the bag.

                Sapphire grinned. “Let’s just call them magic tricks,” she answered, sitting down.

                Kayla took a deep breath. She looked like she was about to do something painful. Troy wondered why. Kayla didn’t have anything to be afraid of.

                “Sapphire, will you train Dahlia in the first stage of the Magic of Water? She has progressed very far without any real training but in order for all of us to survive, she needs as much training as she can get,” Kayla said, finally.

                Sapphire paused. “I cannot train her in everything, Kayla. I’m sure that you know that. Besides, I don’t know everything myself. There must be others that can help her more than I can.”

                “Yes, but I cannot trust the other nomads to do it,” Kayla said. “I don’t know of their allegiances and whether or not they have allied themselves with Varmer.”