Chapter 20

Here is the next chapter! Sorry to all my loyal readers who had to wait for ages to read this new chapter. Thank you all for staying with me! It means so much, more than you all realize. :) Anyway, I really hope that you like this new chapter. Picture of Troy and Dahlia on the side! :D Yes, another one of them. If you have any requests for a picture of someone, all you have to do is ask! :D

Chapter 20

                 As Venus took a dive, Luna suddenly snapped her fingers in triumph, making some of the others jump in shock.

                “Got it” she exclaimed. “There’s a town over there. We should be able to get some rest there.”

                 Luna waved one small white hand in the direction of the town. She had finally been able to get a vision about it in one of the versions of the future.

                 “Venus, please get us over to that town,” he said, patting her neck. “It’s over there.”

                 He pointed in the general direction of the town. Venus steered herself in the right direction. Fortunately, her wet wings still were working, though not for much longer.

                 Suddenly Troy thought of something that hadn’t occurred to him before. He straightened up as best he could in Venus’s hold on him.

                 “How come Venus can’t talk back?” Troy asked. “I mean, Dr.Fang could talk.”

                 Kayla shrugged. “What are we made of, Troy?”

                 “Huh?” Troy asked.

                 That was one of Kayla’s most annoying factors. She answered their questions with a question of her own. A lot of them didn’t know what to say when she did things like that.

                 Dahlia sniffed impatiently. “She means the cells in our bodies, right, Kayla? She means the differences between the monsters and us.”

                 Troy scowled. “Animals cells, in that case, Kayla.”

                 Kayla nodded. “We’re pretty symmetrical, considering our chaotic animal cells. Why don’t we look like animals?”

                 Troy considered the question. “Because of magic?”

                 Luna, Cedric and the others, without Kayla and Dahlia, laughed again. Troy’s cheeks coloured up, turning red.

                Kayla continued. “Evolution smiled upon us, I guess. But half-an-half monsters have the most chaotic animal cells. They’re all jumbled up. That’s why they all look different from one another.”

                 Troy paused to take it all in. “So half-an-half’s can be any type of animal? Why don’t mortals see them?”

                 Kayla nodded like he had finally asked an intelligent question. “They do notice them, of course. They noticed the platypus. The mortals just consider it to be another animal. But we magicians know better.”

                 Troy frowned. “But that time when I ended up in London, you know, after Dahlia had been poisoned, the mortals thought that Dracklon was a helicopter! And that Cosmo committed suicide.”

                 Kayla shrugged and glanced at the others, out of explanations. Sapphire had one though.

                 “Maybe Varmer sent someone to alter the mortals’ memories?” she suggested. “Or maybe a magician cast an illusion or something?”