Chapter 34

Okay, if you don't like that all the memories are in italics and it gets confusing, just tell me and I'll fix it. :P I hope you like this new chapter and hopefully it answers some more questions which you have... I hope it does. If not, let's hope that the next one does. :P Well, I hope you like this chapter. The picture on the side is of Kayla, Benjamin and Troy. ;)

Chapter 34

                Troy couldn’t help gasping in shock as memories crowded his consciousness. Visions flashed before his eyes.

                A memory of him and Helen, standing in a room in Varmer’s castle filled his mind.

                “Troy, I’m scared,” Helen whispered. “Varmer is punishing so many of his descendants. I don’t want to die; I don’t want you to die either!”

                Troy wrapped his arms around his younger sister. She was shivering and shaking, even with his arms hugging her protectively.

                “I won’t let anyone harm you,” he said. “I promise. No one will hurt you while I am here to protect you.”

                Another vision flashed through his brain.

                Seven-year old Troy stumbled. He felt a hand propelling him into another room. Troy groaned, feeling himself land on his hands and knees.

                “Go in, hero,” sneered a familiar voice; it was Zara.

                Troy staggered and felt a zap of electricity hit his backside. He let out a gasp of shock and fell onto his hands and knees.

                “Move,” she snarled.

                Troy felt a hand catch the back of his shirt and throw him bodily into the next room. He smacked the wall and gasped for breath. He heard a faint shriek and knew that Helen was being punished too.

                Just before the door slammed shut, his eyes met with the eyes of a beautiful girl with brown hair and brown eyes the colour of honey.

                Another memory seared his consciousness.

                Troy glanced at the meadow through a window. He saw a wedding. The bride and groom, dressed in a flowing white gown and an old-fashioned black tuxedo.

                The wedding was just over. Troy squeezed his eyes shut in time so he didn’t have to see the ‘and now you can kiss the bride part’.

                When the clapping was over, Troy opened his eyes. He blinked in surprise. The bride was the girl he had seen a few days previously.

                The groom was a guy with long brown hair, tied back in a ponytail. Seven-year old Troy didn’t recognize him but thirteen-year old Troy did.

                It was Benjamin.

                The memory faded away and another took its place. This one was a longer memory and much more substantial.

                Troy closed his eyes. He was thinking. He had to find a way for himself and Helen to escape from Varmer. Already, his promise to Helen about her not being harmed had been broken.