Chapter 14

Here is the next chapter! Please keep commenting and stuff so I can dedicate my chapters to you, my loyal readers. If you don't identify yourselves to me, I'll start again with the loyal readers that I do know I have. Sorry if I haven't dedicated one to you yet and you are a loyal reader. Picture of Troy and Kayla on the side. :)

Chapter 14

                A silver arrow zipped through the air and lodged between the half-an-half’s eyes. In retaliation, the spider sent a volley of web straight at Luna. She fled, dodging between the sprays of web.

                Sapphire appeared at the monster’s other side and stabbed her dagger through a chink in the spider’s pincer.

                It hissed in pain and lashed out at Sapphire with one of his goat legs. She dodged, dancing backwards in time, but losing her dagger which stayed in the monster’s pincer.

                “We have to help them,” Dahlia said grimly.

                “I’ll go,” Troy replied. “You stay here. That arm of yours would only get infected or something and you can’t fight with it.”

                “I’m right-handed, Troy,” Dahlia retorted.

                She sprinted over to the battle, drawing her dagger with her right hand. Troy shook his head half in exasperation, the other half in admiration. Now that he thought about it, her determination was what he liked about Dahlia the most.

                Cedric appeared from the woods behind the monster and hacked at one of the spider’s goat legs with his spear. He brought the weapon down again with all his strength.

                The monster swung his tail sideways, narrowly missing him as Cedric leapt over it. The half-an-half kicked out with its other goat leg, punching Cedric back.

                Troy was still too far away to help; he didn’t want to use his shadow-travelling powers for fear that he would incapacitate himself from helping them any further.

                Dahlia ducked under one pincer and dodged another goat leg. The monster was big, but slower than the magicians because of its tremendous size. Unfortunately, maybe two or three hits from it would be enough to kill them. Troy didn’t know if Cedric was alright or not.

                In desperation, she threw her silver dagger straight at the monster’s left eye. As it connected, the monster screamed in pain and batted Dahlia away with a pincer, tearing off her jacket and ripping some more of her skin.

                Troy took advantage of the monster’s distraction to vanish and reappear on its back. It was the same trick that he had used on Dracklon, but unfortunately, this monster knew it.

                Its tail smashed down at Troy. All he could see was an enormous spiky tail aimed at his head.

                Then he flew sideways as Sapphire tugged him out of the way. They tumbled over the ground, trying to avoid the monster’s goat legs which came down hard, determined to stamp them to bits.

                The scorpion tail stabbed the spider through the body.

                It hissed in pain and fled, not even stopping to try and kill them. The half-an-half didn’t even react or pause when Dahlia tugged her and Sapphire’s daggers from its flesh.

                She dropped both weapons as her left arm ached from the cut. Falling to her knees, she cradled her wounded arm to her chest. Blood blossomed on her tank top.