Chapter 30

Here is the next chapter! :) I hope you guys like it! And once again, thank you to all my loyal readers for getting the first book into the watty awards second round. ;) Please comment and stuff as usual so I can identify you guys and dedicate chapters to you. Oh, and  the picture on the side this time is of Yasmine. :) Just use your imagination to add the spears and armour. ;)

Chapter 30

                They slammed into the ground with such force that they were all knocked off Venus’s back. As Troy smacked into the ground, he felt the point of a spear flick up at his throat. He scrambled away from the spear but another one appeared at his chest.

                “Get up, magician,” snarled a girl’s voice.

            Troy scrambled to his feet. A girl stood in front of him. She was very strong, with huge muscles standing out in her armour.

                She wore diamond armour on top of a pair of jeans and a T-shirt. Her skin tone was dark, darker than even Ella’s had been. She held a spear in both hands and a staff dangled from her belt. Her face was hard and her brown eyes were dark.

                Troy lunged for his sword, but the girl stopped him by shoving her spear up to his throat. He flinched back from the sharp point.

                “I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” she said.

                Troy looked around. All of them were surrounded by at least fifty magicians. He blinked; the fifty magicians were all identical. They were replicas of one magician.

                One of them crumpled to the ground. Half the girls who were not watching Troy’s friends spun around, hefting their weapons.

                “Stop, magician!” they commanded in unison. “Or she dies!”

             One of the girls shoved her spear in her hands against Sapphire’s throat. Sapphire flinched, but she clenched her fists stubbornly, determination on her face.

                Tamarak reappeared immediately, looking very angry. He held up his hands to show that they were empty in a surrender position.

                “That’s better,” one of the fifty identical girls said, calmly.

                A guy came running up. He had short dark hair clipped short across his pale face. His eyes were dark blue, so blue that they were almost black.

                “Yasmine!” he shouted. “Don’t kill them! He needs them. They are the ones I made the potion for.”

                One of the girls turned. “Hey, Jared,” she said, dryly. “Take over my watch, will you? I’ll take them to him, okay?”

                “To whom?” Dahlia asked, but both Yasmine and Jared ignored her.

                “Why can’t I take them?” Jared asked.

                “I’m afraid that they’ll attack you,” Yasmine replied.

                Troy snapped his fingers. “Of course! You’re the guy whom Helen called ‘Jar’!”

                Jared frowned at him. “I prefer Jared if you don’t mind.”

              “Sorry, Jared,” Troy said quickly when the Yasmine in front of him waved her spear threateningly at him, ready to shove the lethal weapon into his guts.