Chapter 28

Luke's POV.

I didn't know when I was going to do this 'cake plan'. It was Friday night and I was planning on doing it now, I just didn't know how. Mom still wouldn't let me out. I knew I'd just secretly have to leave.

"I'm going to sleep early mom!" I shouted.

"Oh that's good, you can wake up bright and early for homework tomorrow!" she smiled.

I nodded and smiled widely.

"What a great kid." She mumbled to herself.

I felt the slightest but guilty but I had to see Calum. I closed the door and locked it. I then put on a flannel and beanie and climbed out the window and ran to Calum's house. I knocked on the door and his sister opened it.

"Oh, you're Luke!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah! You're right! Now go study or something!" Calum shouted pushing her away.

"How may I help you?" Calum asked looking at me up and down.

I knew this looked good on me.

"I want to bring you somewhere." I smiled.

Calum raised a brow and ran up to his room and shouted something at his mom before coming down in a sweater. I walked along the road with him, his hand in mine.

"So where exactly are we going?" Calum asked.

"Just come." I smiled tugging on his hand.

We soon were in front of the cake shop.

"Ooh, a cake shop? Are we getting red velvet cupcakes? I love those!" Calum exclaimed.

I pinched his cheek at his cuteness and walked up to the counter asking for my cake. I then took the cake and Calum's hand.

"Ooookayyy, and where are we going now?" He asked.

I just pulled him along. We were at 'our place' and he gasped. I mentally thanked Ashton for setting this up. There was a picnic blanket on the floor and candles and a basket which I assumed had cutlery and extra food in it.

"Holy shit Luke!" he exclaimed as I put the cake down and he tackled me to the floor kissing me hard.

I smiled into the kiss as I kissed back. He got off me and sat at the blanket like a little kid. I sat opposite him but he sat on my lap instead.

"What do you want to eat first babe?" I asked putting my lips next to his ear and I could see his face turn slightly red.

"Th-the cake." He stuttered as his breath got slightly harder.

I reached over for the cake and he unwrapped it.

'Calum Thomas Hood, will you be my boyfriend?' it said. I mentally thanked the baker for that as well. Calum looked up at me.

"Yes! Yes, yes yes," he kept saying yes as he hugged me tightly.

I felt like I was completing a dream. I just wanted to hug Calum forever. Honestly, this was the cheesiest thing I've ever done. But now that Calum and I were dating, what happens now? We still had to come out to a few people. The school knows we're both gay already but out families didn't. I didn't know about Calum, but I've only told Ben and Jack. Maybe Calum told his sister.

Calum and I ate away at the food Ashton set up and the cake. Knowing Ashton, he'd want me to pay him or some shit. We soon finished everything and it was midnight.

"I'm going for a swim." Calum said.

"What, now?" I asked as Calum stripped.

"Ever heard of a late night swim?" Calum chuckled.