Chapter 66

Calum's POV.

We walk back to sound check and Michael instantly runs over to me.

"Calum! Shit! I am so fucking sorry." Michael says.

"Do you fucking see what you did Michael?" I say and point at my eye.

"I know, please, my hand just slipped!" Michael sighs and begs.

"Just... go away." I say and I catch a glimpse of his sad expression before going to check.

I look out the window to see thousands of fans, lining up and excited to see us. Everyone asks what happened to my eye and I reply that I wasn't looking and hit the wall. They luckily all bought it. I played two or three chords on my bass and everyone outside started screaming. Oh, did they know it was me?

"Calum, Calum, Calum!" They shout. Wait, people like me? They soon started to shout half 5sos and half 1d.

I get more and more excited as the fans screams die down. Someone hands me sunglasses to hide my red eye. We wait just behind the stage as the fans scream because the loading screen comes up. I feel someone place their hand on my shoulder and I see Michael. I shake his hand off and walk to the other side. There was at least 1,000 people here, it was amazing. We soon finished and chilled out at the hotel. Us and the other boys were going to a bar after this. I'm not planning on getting drunk though. I lay back on my bed and throw my sunglasses off.

"Calum." Michael says and walks up to me.

"Seriously, just fuck off." I spit and he looks hurt. He sighs and goes back to his bed and on his phone.

Ashton and Luke sit next to me.

"Don't you think you should lighten up on Michael? It's not really his fault he punches you... it was kind of Leo's." Ashton says.

"My eye was bleeding." I say.

"I know... look at Michael though, doesn't he look hurt and sad?" Ashton asks and I look at Michael. He has no expression on his face and he keeps biting his lip and sniffling.

"Yeah..." I say and Ashton sighs before walking up to Michael and attempting to cheer him up.

I rub my eyes and then run my fingers through my hair. I'm tearing this band apart, I need to do something about it but I'm definitely not going to forgive Michael for that. I mean... it wasn't really his fault... no. I need to stay strong, I already kind of forgave Luke too easily and what Michael did was equally as bad. I slide under the blankets and as I use my phone I feel my eye throbbing. I'm the worst person ever. Luke and Ashton are both talking to Michael and I feel like an outcast. Tears fall out my eyes and I look down to see my tears are mixed with blood because of my bloody eye. I quickly wipe it before it stains the pillow. 

A few hours pass and everyone's doing their own thing. They're all getting ready to go to the bar but I don't want to go anymore. Luke soon crouches in front of me with a smile.

"Do you want to go now?" He asks and I shake my head.

"I don't want to go." I say and feel my stomach churn.

"Why not?" He asks and places his hand on the side of my face. "Oh my god, do you feel okay? It feels like you have a fever." Luke says.

"I don't feel very well, you can go. I'll stay here." I say.

"I think you should stay with him Luke." Ashton says and Luke looks up at him.

I feel an acidic feeling at the back of my throat. Before I know it I'm in the bathroom vomiting my soul out. I hear a door close and Luke sits next to me, rubbing my back. I cross my legs and just sit in front of the toilet. I begin to sob. I hate my life. Luke shushes me and my sobs die down. 

"I'm tearing this band apart." I tell Luke and flush the toilet.

"No you aren't, everyone's just... a little tired." Luke says.

I sigh and walk outside and climb under the blankets. I feel Luke slip under with me and his arm wrap around me. He places a kiss on my cheek and neck and his breathing get a bit louder and snores slip out. Well, if he's gone to sleep, I guess I should too.

**

Michael's POV.

I step into the club and see the other five there. The guilt of punching Calum is overwhelming. I wish I would've just been more careful or maybe if he was out of the way. But overall, it was definitely my fault. I grab a bottle of beer and chug half of it down. I sit down on a couch and see a drunk girl stumble over to me.

"Holy fuck, you're Michael Cifford- I mean, Clifford, right?" She slurs.

"Yeah." I say and she giggles and sits next to me.

"You don't look too happy. Are you okay?" She asks.

"If this is your way of hooking up with me, I'm fine." I snap.

"No, I'm drunk when partying but when someone's sad, I try my best." She says and I sigh.

"I... accidentally punched one of my best friends." I confess and she looks at me in shock. "I made his eye bleed and he threw up... and he refuses to forgive me." I say and her eyes widen.

"That is so hot-- I-I mean, I'm sure he'll forgive you. Just give him some time to cool down, his eye to heal." She says and I nod.

I've defended Luke and Calum the best I could against Leo and all I've learnt is I should stay out of my own fight otherwise I'll end up wounding someone mentally or even physically like what happened in this case. I hate myself for this, I down a little more of my beer. I really need to drown all my sorrow away somehow. I down the rest of my beer. Screw life, I want this night to be surreal.

--

A/N: hELLO EVERYONE I DONT THINK I'VE PROPERLY THANKED YOU FOR A WHOLE 20K!! IM AT 22K RIGHT NOW BUT OH MY GOD 20 000 PEOPLE DECIDING TO STICK AROUND? THATS AMAZING <3

PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS AND TELL ME WHY YOU DECIDED TO STICK AROUND AND WHAT YOU LIKE SO MUCH ABOUT THIS FANFIC , THANK YOUU <3