Chapter 23

Luke's POV.

"I need something cute." I said and Michael sighed.

"Calum really likes puppies." He said.

Michael and I were discussing on how to ask Calum out. So far, we didn't have much and we were playing FIFA as well which really wasn't helping our thinking.

"What? So you think I'm gonna buy him a puppy and say 'be my boyfriend, here's a puppy'?" I laughed.

"Well that's what I had in mind but I guess you don't like it." Michael said sarcastically.

"Michael, I don't have money to buy a fucking dog!" I shouted.

"I don't know I'm just trying to help!" Michael chuckled.

I sighed. Sometimes, I wonder why I'm even friends with Michael. I needed an idea soon so when he was in a good mood I could ask him. Right now, all I had was just asking him in person.

"Okay you know what, just ask him in person." Michael said.

"Yeah, I'll do that." I said pushing all the cuteness to the back of my head.

I wondered what Calum would actually like. As in what the best way to be asked out was. But right now, I was simply enjoying life, hanging out with Michael.

I soon had to go and walked home. I needed to plan this thing quick because I wanted to call Calum my boyfriend and not just my romantic interest or whatever the hell we were. I entered my house to see mom and dad standing there in front of the door.

"Uh, hi." I said awkwardly.

They pulled up a hoodie. It was Calum's.

"Who's is this?" mom asked.

"I-It's Calum's." I stuttered.

Mom leaned in really close.

"I do not want that boy at our house again. I do not want you to go to his house again and I do not want you to stay late at school doing your 'homework club'. I want you to be here right after school." She scolded.

I felt a rip pass through my heart. No, now how was I supposed to ask Calum? At school? That's not romantic at all! I knew in that moment... I had to rebel. I just had to for the sake of Calum and I's relationship. I didn't care about what would happen, I just had to make me and Calum become a thing.

Mom threw the hoodie at me and walked off. I ran up to my room to see Ben and Jack sitting there. They looked up at me and smiled.

"Having fun being scolded?" Ben asked.

"I don't know, are you having fun trying to make me feel better? Because it's not working." I sighed sitting down and tossing the hoodie aside.

"Why do you keep hanging out with Calum anyway?" Jack asked.

I didn't know what to do. As a child, I trusted Ben and Jack a lot, I told them everything and they'd keep that secret... but now, I'm not so sure. The last secret I told them was when I made a YouTube account where I sung. They're still doing well keeping it a secret.

"Luke?" Jack asked snapping his fingers.

"He- um, we- um-" I stuttered.

"Luke," Ben asked seriously. "Are you gay?" he asked quietly.

Tears came to my eyes and I nodded slowly.

"Don't cry, it's okay man, we support you." Jack said.

"Remember? You told us everything and we would keep it? Don't worry." Ben said.

"Thank you guys so much. I'm planning on asking him out actually." I said.

"I bet he'll say yes." Jack smiled and I smiled back.

They soon left my room and I was alone again. I picked the hoodie up and hugged it. It smelled like Calum. Most people say it smells like their cologne and shit, but no. This hoodie smelled like Calum's house actually. Right now, Calum wasn't in the best state due to Leo and therapy but I was going to ask him this weekend for sure.

My door suddenly opened and Ashton walked in with a smile and sat on my chair.

"Oh, there it is." Ashton said.

"What?" I asked.

"Calum's hoodie, he was looking for that." Ashton chuckled.

"Right, Michael told me you were gonna ask Calum out." Ashton said.

"Yeah, I am, but I don't know how." I sighed.

"You know, bring him on a date and ask him there. Calum hasn't been to a few stores yet, I actually know a cake shop," Ashton said.

"Tell me your 'cake plan' then." I chuckled.