Chapter 18

Luke's POV.

I nervously walked home with Michael. We talked only a little bit. I admit, I was scared as hell and Calum told me he was a hardcore gamer so if I did something wrong or if he didn't have it his way he would 'rage'. Right now, he was talking about girls which I really couldn't care less about but I rolled with it.

In a way, I wanted Michael to like me, but at the same time, I'm really not cool enough to be friends with him... or Ashton or Calum. Michael was that type of person you want to like you but you're scared you'll do something wrong or you're just too scared to be friends with them.

We soon entered a house and Michael surprisingly had no siblings. I thought he'd learnt to be tough because he fought with his siblings a lot or something. We ran up to his room - which was huge - and sat at the edge of his bed.

"Do you want me to teach you how to play?" Michael asked switching everything on.

I hesitantly nodded.

"Loosen up man, I'm not gonna bite." Michael smiled.

I smiled slightly back and Michael gave me a controller. I've only seen these on the internet and never in real life. It looked bigger. Michael loaded up the game.

"Okay, that joystick is to move, and that's to turn." Michael said.

What the fuck is a joystick?

"And that button," he said pointing to one of them. "Is to kick." He said and I nodded.

{A/N: just so you know i have no clue how to play fifa Im just guessing}

Michael clicked play and chose a team.

"Come on, choose your team." He said and I chose a random one. "Ooh, bad choice." He chuckled and I did back.

I felt goosebumps running up my arm. Yes, goosebumps of fear. I was scared as hell of Michael. I really hoped he'd be easy on me. Soon the game started. I randomly began clicking buttons and moving those turny things which I assumed was the joystick.

One of the players began to spin around in circles and I knew that was me. Michael purposely kicked the ball to me and I clicked the button I thought he told me to but I paused the game.

"Okay, I there is no point playing this." I sighed.

"You need to try. I'll let you get used to it." Michael said and I unpaused the game and sighed in frustration before trying again.

This time, I kicked the ball and my player randomly switched and I tried kicking the ball again. Michael grunted, trying to get the ball away from me. I kicked it out of his way and into the goal.

"Damn, you're good." Michael said and I smiled with my chest pumped out.

***

Calum's POV.

"I wonder how Luke's doing." I said to Ashton.

"Luke's all you think about, huh?" Ashton giggled typing something on his laptop as I spun in his chair.

"Ash, where'd you hide my skateboard this time?!" I heard and the door burst open and Harry stomped in.

"Oh hi Calum, but seriously! You need to stop!" he shouted.

"I don't know! Ask Lauren." Ashton said.

"She said you hid it!" Harry said.

"Then ask mum." Ashton said and Harry stuck his tongue out before walking away.

Ashton sighed, shaking his head. I laughed a little spinning again.

"Can you stop?" Ashton snapped.

"No." I answered spinning again.

"It's squeaking ew ew, I'm gonna kick you out of my house!" Ashton giggled.

I stopped and took out my phone. Yeah, this was our friendship for you. We talked, yet ignored each other. I still wondered how Luke was doing. I told Michael to be as nice as possible, no matter how annoying he was being because Luke was really awkward when he was with someone he wanted to be friends with, but thought he wasn't cool enough.

Michael agreed but he never keeps his promises. The only time he ever did was when I told him not to tell anyone I liked to sing. Yes, very embarrassing haha laugh at me. I just caught myself singing along to Green Day and thought I was good and continued and soon, I ended up liking it.

I didn't know wether or not to tell Luke about it. Oh well, I have better things to worry about... like Leo. He was actually beginning to make me feel insecure and self conscious again. Ashton and Michael both didn't know I began to cut again. Luke even didn't know I cut. I will have to tell him eventually. I had to tell all of them eventually. Starting with Ashton.

I looked at Ashton and he was scrolling down twitter and I knew because of his glasses. He pushed them up and continued to scroll.

"Ashton, there's something important I need to tell you." I said and put my phone down.

"Yeah? What is it?" he asked not looking up from his laptop.

"I cut again." I mumbled.

Ashton shut his laptop with a loud thud and he was staring directly at me. His eyes were so full of sadness.

"Why the HELL would you do that again?!" he shouted.

Well he wasn't taking it very well, maybe I shouldn't tell Michael or Luke so that this wouldn't happen.

"Leo. He's began bullying me." I said, remembering that time he beat me up. Ashton was there.

"Calum... don't. He's not worth the cut. He's not worth your tears. He's worth a fucking punch in his own jaw!" Ashton shouted.

"I just don't know what to do. I hate myself." I said, my voice cracking.

"Stick your head out the window and shout 'I love myself'." Ashton said crossing his arms.

I stared at him in confusion.

"I'm not even kidding, go." Ashton said.

I shook my head.

"Then I'll do my trick." Ashton said and took a sharpie from his drawer.

He slipped off all my wristbands and drew a butterfly on one wrist and a heart saying 'Luke's heart' on it.

"You would never want to kill those, right?" Ashton asked and I shook my head, a lump rising to my throat.

"Then don't cut them." Ashton said.

A tear fell from my eye.

"It's too much. I can't fucking take it." I said.

Ashton's expression went weird. He looked sad, concerned and disappointed.

"You need tea, Luke, some Green Day, and you'll be fine. Now go home and do it you'll feel better." Ashton smiled.

I hugged him, but not as tight as I do to Luke, and left.

**

Luke's POV.

"YES! I am so good at this." I laughed.

"No! Fuck you!" Michael laughed.

His mom appeared at the door.

"Sorry Luke, you're going to have to go home." She said with an apologetic look.

"Why?" Michael asked.

"You have school tomorrow, sorry again Luke. If you want, you can come over again, Michael just had to do homework." She said and I nodded.

"See you tomorrow." I said quietly before basically running out of the house.

I knew that Michael was gonna shout at his mom for that. I sighed and my phone began to buzz.

CalPal:
Sorry to bother but meet me at mine I need some help with something xx

I smiled at the text and changed direction to Calum's house.

--

A/N: WE DID IT WE REACHED 1K READS WOOOO now to beat the best cake fanfiction called unpredictable that has 1m reads... WE CAN DO IT YOU GUYS