Chapter 9

Calum's POV.

I had to tell Luke. I had to tell him I liked him. If I didn't, I'd lose the courage to. I invited him to come to 'our place' and he accepted. Now I was driving there with him. The silence was awkward so I put on a little Green Day and Luke almost jumped.

"You listen to Green Day?" he asked and I nodded.

"I love them so fucking much." Luke said making me smile.

"Me too. What's your favourite song?" I asked.

Our conversation continued and we talked about different bands until we got there. We sat in the sand together just staring at the water. I didn't know what Luke was thinking about but I was thinking about how I was gonna tell him. I needed to do it. I had to. I took his hand in mine and he looked at it before smiling at me and leaning his head on my shoulder.

"Hey, Luke?" I said swallowing.

I needed to tell him now or never.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"Sure." Luke smiled now facing my way, but his head still on my shoulder. Out faces were only inches apart.

"I like you a lot, which you know already and I wanted to ask..." My courage was slowly fading.

"I wanted-- um, if you'd like to go out some time?" I asked.

He looked the slightest bit disappointed but quickly covered it up.

"What, like a date?" he asked and I nodded, biting my lip.

"Sure." He smiled.

"I know a really good place where they sell amazing milkshakes. I'll take you there after school." I said and he nodded.

"What will we do here when it's winter? It's already getting a little cold." Luke said playing with my fingers.

"I have a plan, but it's a surprise." I smirked.

"Godamnit!" Luke laughed and so did I.

Luke seemed to have zoned out, staring at the lake. I stared at his lips. I wanted to kiss him so badly but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Instead, my hand reached up to his lip ring. It startled him slightly when I touched it, but he let me. It was cold and I wondered what it felt like having a lip piercing. I soon stopped and just stared at the lake with him.

"I'm going to swim." I said.

"My mom always thinks that I peed my pants though." Luke whined.

"Then take your boxers off." I laughed winking and his mouth dropped open and he swatted my chest.

I began to strip but kept my boxers on and so did Luke. We both jumped in and just floated around.

"Have you been practicing your rock throwing skills?" I asked.

"Yes, I am, like, the master now." He said diving underwater and getting a flat rock.

He threw it and it made three jumps before falling into the water. He put his heads up in victory.

"I am amazing." He said.

"Yes, you are." I laughed wrapping my arms around him.

I always forgot we weren't dating as much as I wanted to. But what if he says no? What if Luke does only like me as a friend? But at the same time, why would he let me touch his lip ring? Why would he let me hug him and why would we have gone to that party together? We both liked each other, we just both didn't know how to say it to the other person or how to start it.