The Diary Exchange

Tiffany's POV:

"You need to be there Tiffany "Mirabel presses on as we head towards the lecture hall.  She is trying all she can to convince me to attend the  wedding anniversary of Kylie's parents.

" I can't make it" I sigh as we stop by a tree. I need to do something  important on Saturday! And that is to find my parents! I can't wait!

Mirabel sighs exasperatedly.
"Asher needs you"She insists and that takes the wind out of me.

"What?"I blurt as I tuck the purple invitation card inside my clutch.

"Asher needs to be distracted"Mirabel corrects herself.

"Jace can do that"I retort. After all, Jace is his best friend and I'm.....I'm  nothing. I wish she could just end this conversation.

"Think about it!"She states sternly and heads towards the library. I walk in the other direction and enter the lecture hall. I spot new faces and the face that made shivers run down my spine, was that of Mr Flirty Pants.  I inhale deeply and sit in front  as usual. I search my satchel for my diary and try to take my attention  off him.

I brought out my huge binders and there lay my diary. I take it out and flip through. My stomach flutters when I find it blank.
Why is my diary blank? I check the first page and my name is not there. It's blank! What the heck? What happened to my diary? This is not my Diary!!! My blood heats up as I stare at the strange book in front of me. I search my satchel again to see if my real diary is in there but it wasn't. Where is my real diary?

"Hello"a voice booms behind me and I nearly jolted out of my seat  when I recognized it. Mr Flirty Pants!

My forehead begins to brew sweat as I watch him stride confidently towards the empty chair  beside me and sits down.

"How are you doing baby girl?"He asks and my breathing accelerates. I place my 'new diary' into my bag. I need to find out what happened to it!!! Why is he here? My diary contains tons of information and secrets about my life! If I don't find it soon, I'm doomed!!!

"I ....."I trail off and tuck a loose strand of my hair behind my ear nervously. My brain cannot process anything right now. The only words that are flashing in my brain are FIND THE DIARY!!!

"Shhh"he shushes me to my surprise. "Don't worry those lips"he states in a husky tone and it makes my heart skip a beat. His eyes trail to my lips and my breath hitches.

"What do you want from me?"I demand tentatively as his light blue eyes bore into mine. A laugh escapes his lips.

"I like you"He states  simply and my blood runs cold. Did I hear him right? Or I'm just imagining things? I pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. He sees this and snickers. Okay, so it's real! And oh! I forgot!  That's his strategy for getting girls into his bed! Right! You cannot fall for this Tiff!

"Oh of course you like me!"I exclaim and he is perplexed.  "That's one of your strategies to get girls into your bed"I add and he chuckles.

"Yea right! I know Mirabel told you all that"He sits upright and looks at me directly.

"And she is right about that! You flirt with every girl you set your eyes on"I raise an eyebrow.

He sighs and rubs his face.
"You're right about that but honestly, I like you"He states again and that makes me gasp. Is he being honest? Or he is just playing tricks on my intelligence?

"I would like us to meet at the cafe after class for a chat"He states with a wink.  "I like talking to you" I watch him stand up. He blows me a kiss but I don't catch it. Then he sauntered out of the hall.