Uncontrollable Feelings:

Tiffany's POV:
I answer the call and my mom begins her rants behind the phone.
"Honey, I met an old friend at the grocery store today! She would be coming home with her son  for dinner so you better report early. I believe you can talk with her handsome son or your boyfriend Aiden is still dear to your heart?"

"Mom, I've told you a thousand times! Aiden is not my boyfriend"I grumble.

"Okay okay! But make sure you get home early! The driver would be there by 6pm to pick you up"Mom instructs.

"Okay mom. I'll be there"I assure her and hang up.

"My mom just texted that she wants me home now"Asher states first.

"Why? Is it an emergency?"I enquire.

"Nope! It's just my mom at it again"Asher rolls his eyes and I chuckle. "I'll see you later. Perhaps, tomorrow! We can go somewhere together"

"Sure"He pecks my cheek and exits the restaurant. I just sit there smiling toothily like a jerk. I like Asher and he likes me! Squee! I quickly finish up my sushi and meet up with my driver outside. I texted Mirabel that I wouldn't be in for the night but then I'll be here tomorrow and she answered with 'no prob'

I'm currently in my parents' jeep heading home for this dinner with mom's old friend. I really wanted to meet this old friend of hers but I wasn't pleased with meeting her son. My mom wants to hook me up with him so badly!

My phone rings and it's Aiden. I pick up without hesitation.

"Tiffany! Where are you? You promised to meet me at the studios today! For the Romeo and Juliet drama. It's almost time! People are taking their places "

"Oops sorry Aiden! I'm on my way home! It's an emergency"I apologise as I get out of the car. We are home now and I am ascending the staircase , leading to the front porch.

"But....but the show is about to start! I can't watch it alone?"he complains as I infiltrate into the hall of my house.

"Aiden I'm so sorry! I'll make it up to you tomorrow! I promise"I convince him and he sighs, hanging up. My mom was setting up the table for dinner. She whips her head to look at me.

"Sweetheart! You're in"she greets with a kiss on my forehead. "You're just in time! Go to your room and dress up for tonight's dinner"

"Who's this mysterious old friend of yours?"I question as I ascend the stairs to my bedroom with her.

"Her name is Caroline! We were best friends in high school long ago before I met Janet! You will like her"
I shrug and we file into my bedroom.

"You said you met her at the grocery store today?"I furrow my eyebrows in question.

"Yep! And you cannot imagine the joy I felt when I saw her! It was like the reunion we had at the ballet show some months ago! She's still the same old Caroline I know! I invited her for dinner so we could have a little chat! And guess what? She has a son, your age!  I would also like to introduce her to my products! You know how it is"Mom winks at me.

"So you never knew she was here?"I ask amused.

"No! I thought she was in a different part of the world until I saw her today! We used to go for camps a lot! Hey, you need to go for camp one of these days! I know you'll love it"

"No thank you"I quickly chirp.  I get these weird vibes from camping. 

"Come on darling, it will be great"Mom assures.

"So how's the sales with the swift sisters collection?"I question, placing my clutch on my dresser. I really wanted to divert her attention on camping.