Table 16:

Tiffany's  POV:
I  am still sitting on Kylie's pink stool with the choker in my left hand and Nanni's necklace in my right hand. I could hear noises coming out of Kylie's closet as she rummaged through it. My eyeballs trail from my left hand to my right then back to my left again. I take a deep breath and place the choker around my neck. Smiling at my reflection in the mirror, I place Nanni's necklace into my clutch and zip it up. I know she would have been disappointed in me for choosing a friend's necklace over hers if she were here but I promise to wear it all the time after this anniversary.

I admire Kylie's room for the second time. The classy chandelier in the room caught my eyes first. Made of shimmering crystal pieces which glows in the brightly lit room to her yellow lamp stand to her mega queen sized bed! I'm certain that three or four people can sleep on it for a night! And Kylie had it all to herself! My eyes land on a portrait of her on the wall, behind her bed. It was black and white but looked more like a painting to me! It was marvellous as I drooled over it. I stare at it long enough before settling on a shiny metallic box.

My phone buzzes in my clutch suddenly  and I reach out for it. Blake's name registers and I shiver lightly. What am I going to tell him? He is obviously going to ask me of my whereabouts and I can't tell him I'm here. The call ends and I heave a sigh of relief even though I feel guilty! I have never missed Blake's calls before! Not even once! He will be worried about me.  I have to come up with a plan!
My eyes settle on the shiny metallic box again with exquisite and intricate designs. What's that? 

I get up and walk towards it. Magically enchanted by the beauty of the mysterious box. The closer I get to it, the more it entices me to touch it. I stretch my right hand out, ready to touch it when someone smacks the back of my hand rudely.

"Don't touch"Kylie's stern warning comes and I cringe. She collects the box in her arms and places it in the drawer of her dresser. I sturdy my now raged breathing.

"What's that?"I ask curiously and she faces me after locking her drawer.

"A box"she says with a shrug as if obvious.

"I know it's a box"I reply obviously.

"Then why are you asking?"
Kylie places a makeup kit, curler, and a pair of stunning white sneakers which were much cuter than Mirabel's on her bed.

"It's just beautiful" I say and she studies me keenly.

Then she bursts out laughing.
"You haven't seen this before? It's so common! I even hate it"she sneers to my surprise. "I love rare expensive stuff"

"Why?"

It takes long enough before Kylie responds. Sadness evident on her face.
"Because it contains my past"she says solemnly and retrieves the box from the drawer. I watch her open it. She slowly brings out old pictures.

"It brings bad memories! Memories I want to forget but I can't" she dumps them into the box and locks it with a heavy sigh.

"What memories?"I ask, bemused.

"Nothing! It's in the past and it stays there"she taps the box and shoves it back into the drawer. I never thought Kylie could have bad memories! She's from a good family and never lacks anything in her life! What could have happened back then?
My phone rings again and I'm snapped back to the reality of me talking to Blake.

"Who is that?"Kylie asks while plugging her curler.

"Blake! Now stay quiet"I warn and she zips her mouth imaginarily.

"Hey"I say into the phone. My palms become clammy all of a sudden and tiny beads of sweat begin to congregate on my forehead.

"Hey! I just called to find out if you're okay! You're  not in your dorm and I was worried"Blake rattles and I draw in deep breaths.