Masquerade Fever:

Tiffany's POV:
"I respect your decision! If you don't want to attend, it's fine"Aiden bites his bottom lip.

"Thanks for understanding! Do you want ice cream? Cupcakes? Anything?"I chip in.

"Tiffany, I just took jasmine tea!"he whines. "I better leave now! It's getting late"he says and I catch a glimpse of the time on the wall clock.

"It's good to see that you're better now"I stand up ready to escort him to the door.  "You're going home?"

"Nope! I'm visiting an old friend next door"he smiles slyly. "Thanks for your help though, I'll see you tomorrow"he adds and pecks my cheek before disappearing out of the door.
My phone rings and there's an unknown number displayed on the screen. I hesitate before tapping on the green button.

"I know you're probably wondering who's calling you?"a familiar voice says at the other end of the line.

"Asher?"I ask, recognising the voice.

"Yep. It's me"he replies.  "I got your number from Mirabel yesterday"he chirps and I giggle.

"I've been thinking about what happened yesterday, between us..."he trails off and my stomach clenches at the thought. "I can't get you out of my mind Tiff, honestly"he says and I could feel my heart racing.

"I haven't seen you on campus today and Aiden is no where to be found! What's going on?"He spills, his tone a bit edgy and I swallow hard.

"Uh something came up! Aiden just showed up at my house early this morning crying bitterly that his mom's dead"I elaborate and Asher gasps.

"That's terrible! Poor Aiden"Asher muses.

"And since he's my friend, I decided to cheer him up, here at my house to make him feel better! We watched movies and talked a lot! That's all and that's the main reason why I couldn't make it today! But, I'll be in school hopefully tomorrow"

"That's great! I will see you tomorrow. I miss you already"he says and I feel the butterflies erupt in my stomach again.

"I miss you too Asher!"I spill and he ends the call. I felt so ecstatic after that. So alive! I sat in the couch and watched a show on television till my parents arrived.

"Hello sweetheart"dad greets at the doorway carrying Riele at his back.

"Daddy"I squeal and engulf him in a bear hug. "You didn't show up yesterday"I complain with a pout.

"That's true"he places Riele in the couch and hands her a bag full of jelly beans. "Sparx and I had a meeting to attend! I'm worn out! I really need a long hot bath"he rubs his hair. I giggle as he takes off his tie.

"Is your mom back from work?"He enquires.

"Nope!"I respond, stealing a few jelly beans from Riele.

"You know she's expanding her business! She's developing this new clothing line with one of her investors. I think it's Mrs Jones from Jiggins fashionline"dad confesses.

"Really? Is she done with the cosmetics stuff already?"I gasp.

"No no! She will still produce the cosmetics! But then, she wants to develop something like Croxford Couture! She was saying something like that yesterday"dad frowns slightly and I smile.

"That's amazing! So when is she going to launch it?"I ask and I hear the door creak. Mom walks in looking worn out as usual.

"How's my favourite business woman?"Dad asks meeting her with a small kiss on her lips.

"Exhausted as usual but it's worth it!"mom replies, placing her arms around his neck.

"How's the Croxford Couture going?"dad winks in my direction and I'm desperate to find out about it.