The Plan:

Asher's POV:
The whole of today has been very tiring for me. I have been trying to gain Tiffany's attention but it seems Aiden keeps on interrupting me and I just fail in it. Mirabel said she has a perfect plan and I'm anxious to know what it is because I can't stand Aiden anymore! God he's so pushy!

"How's it going?"Jace ruffles my hair and sits beside me at our usual desk as we waited for our lecturer. It was late afternoon and I was just sulking at my table for my failure.

"As you can see "I point to the front row of the class where Tiffany and Aiden were having a lively conversation with her cracking up every now and then.

Jace chortles.  "Man I see your problem"He admits, slamming his backpack on the desk.

"Oh you do? Thanks so much for involving me in this impossible bet"I snarl angrily and turn to my textbook.

"You don't have to get all pissed about it! It's easy! Just find out when she is free and have a little chat?"Jace suggests.

"Free? She's never free with Aiden being all clingy"I retort and Jace chuckles. "I've been monitoring them"I add with a sigh.

"You still need to win this Ash! You can hate me all you want! It's for your own good"Jace advices and my heart beats rapidly.

"Well I hate you now"I confess.

"I love you best friend! "Jace taunts as the lecturer enters.

"Hello students"He greets and we remain silent till the lecture is over. This lecture was the last for the day! I couldn't wait to get back to the dorms and freshen up.

_____

On my way back to the dorms I saw the banners, all over in royal blue and black about the masquerade ball next week Friday. People were all excited about it as they chatted in the hallway. I just bypassed them and headed for the exit.

"Asher!"I hear Samantha's voice and stop in my tracks. She rushes towards me and engulfs me in a hug. I was caught off guard.

"When did you return?"She gushes panting heavily when she breaks the unexpected hug.

"Uh a few days ago"I answer with a chuckle. Her black hair was in a ponytail and her bluegreen eyes were glimmering with delight of seeing me again.

"I missed you so much.....Dave was a threat but I was able to survive anyways! He couldn't come near me"she rants and I smile. "How was your trip? How's Florida?"she questions as we head outside together.

"It was thrilling! I got to meet my Grandpa and we explored many places"I narrate and she giggles.

"I see"she states and we take a seat on the empty bleachers near the stadium. I miss training. Coach said I can begin training next week and I can't wait to get on the pitch again. "Did you go with your girlfriend? By the way, who is she? You didn't tell me the last time"Samantha questions curiously. My breath hitches.

"Uh Tiffany"I spill. I don't know why but it just came out of my mouth. I guess it's because of the bet. The Bet would make it seem more authentic that we are in a relationship.

"Tiffany? I didn't know. You two aren't so close"Samantha reveals

"Yeah we are still getting to know each other and I like her"I lie. Samantha is taken aback by my words.

"Oh"she says recovering from shock. "So you're taking her to the masquerade dance next week Friday?"she asks pained. I could feel the hurt in her voice and I regret lying to her.

"Yeah.... I haven't asked her out yet but it is likely"I reply looking directly into Samantha's eyes. She had hidden tears in them.

"Honestly, I thought I could win you back but I guess I'm too late"Samantha cries into her palms and I feel horrible.