My Real Family:

Tiffany's POV
The time to be with my real family has arrived. We are apparently in court and my parents are doing everything they can to regain our custody, even if it meant my dad wearing women's clothing for a week and my mom wearing a moustache for a month! They were still determined like the wind and would do it even if it is the silliest thing ever! My eyes flits around and lands on Nanni. I would miss her a lot though but it would take some days before my parents gain full custody of me so I'll have some time to spend with her after all. I check the time on my watch and it's half past six in the evening.

"Tiffany! Riele! "My mom finally calls out and we walk towards she and dad.

"I'm exhausted"Riele grumbles the moment we reach their side.

"We will be out of here soon"mom assures and dad picks her up from the floor. He places her on his hip and she rests her head on his shoulder.

"What's going on?"I ask as I  read their frustrated expressions. I was distraught "Is there a problem?"

"No! There's no problem! The process might take a few days but we still have hope that you'll be back with us at home permanently"Mom narrates and I nod happily.

"Your daughters will be released to you  soon Mrs Croxford "Nanni's voice comes out of nowhere and my mom faces her with a beam. "We are left with two more processes which will take tomorrow and the day after tomorrow"she assures.

"I'm just waiting for that day!"mom pipes up. "I thought I'd never see them again"she sniffs and Nanni comforts her.

"They are here! Tiffany never gave up on you! She was determined to look for both of you"Nanni rants. "And she finally found you"
A grin spreads on my face as my cells bounce around with joy.
"Now go home and take a rest"Nanni advices. "Tomorrow will be another hectic day"

Mom nods in agreement and laces her hand with mine tightly like a bond.
"We will see you tomorrow Nanni. Thanks for everything"Dad speaks up and she nods. I waved her before leaving her sight. She seemed sad and it's not only today that I've noticed her depressed nature! Ever since my parents showed up, that large cheery grin which was plastered on her face every time we see her had disappeared abruptly and has been replaced with an upside down line etched on her face. I wish I could straighten that line back to what it was before. I sigh when I reach my dad's jeep. I slowly file in and lock the door.
Riele was already asleep at the back and before I realised it, I was also drifting off to dreamland.

I woke up later on and we had already reached the house. The car had come to an abrupt stop and there was no one in it. I climbed out of the jeep and headed towards the front door. A body jars against mine and I stop dead in my tracks.

"Oh my! You're so sleepy aren't you?"mom asks while rubbing my hair.

"I'm awake"I force my eyes open with a smile. "I'm just really tired"

"Get inside, take a shower, don't forget to brush your teeth and have a great sleep! I'll see you in the morning sweetheart"she plants a kiss on my forehead.

"Goodnight mom"I say in advance and stagger into the hall. I forced my legs up the stairs and came upon my bedroom. I got it open and filed in tiredly. With mom's instructions echoing in my brain, I obliged and soon, I was done. I then tucked myself into bed and closed my eyes. I'll never forget today! I'm worn out!

____

The following day, I felt much better and was ready to go to campus. Mom and dad had to go to court and Riele had to be taken to school. I descended the staircase with my satchel strapped to me as always. Mom, Dad and Riele were already having breakfast.