Care to Dance

Ummm... sorry? For the wait, I mean.

Harry in the sidebar.

***********

I looked Harry up and down and he was even more perfect up close. Every button on his suit, seam on his tie, strand of his hair was completely flawless. Standing in front of me with his heart breaing smile, he was immaculate, classic, unsurpassed.

He was everything.

I couldn't tell if I was blushing or not as my small hand was taken in his own, the skin immediately enveloped in his warmth. Those stunning jade eyes never left mine as he brought my fingers up towards his mouth and a feathered kiss was placed upon my knuckles.

Butterflies? No, it was more like a zoo had been set loose.

"You're late, Mr. Styles," I teasingly chastised. He grinned against my skin before letting it drop down to my side.

"I do hope m'lady will forgive me for that slip up. Especially because I left her in such unpleasant company." I had forgotten about that raspy undertone to his voice and the way his accent coated it perfectly. I was practically swooning on the spot, my legs shaking beneath my dress, but I tried to retain composure.

"I had it handled." I narrowed my eyes playfully and crossed my arms over the front fabric of my chest.

"I'm sure you did," Harry replied, taking a glass of bubbling champagne from a caterer and sipping it nonchalantly, eyes watching me above the rim. I narrowed my eyes at the edge of skepticism in his voice. "But can you blame me for wanting to take care of you?"

I hesitated only for a second before replying. "I could... but I won't."

"I must say though, you look spectacular." Harry paused as he finished, looking up to the crystalline chandeliers in thought. "Wait, no, that's not good enough. You look exquisite. Radiant. Enrapturing. Breath taking."

Heat filled up in my cheeks as the grin made its way over my face and I could feel my eyes start to crinkle. "You could have just said you liked the dress."

"I think it's a bit more than the dress."

I could feel the back of my neck heat up and it was sure to match the shade of my dress in a second so I hastily snatched a glass of champagne from a nearby waiter to mask my blush. I brought the glass up to my lips and let the luke warm liquid run down my throat, but that action was instantly regretted. I'd had alcohol once before, but that had been a smooth dessert wine, not a bubbly and bitter champagne which seemed to fizz in my mouth and sting as it went down.

I sputtered out unnattractively and could only try to clear my throat as Harry smirked at me, sipping at his own glass with a touch of smugness. He quirked up an eyebrow when it appeared that I could speak again from gagging on the bitter liquid.

"Is there a problem?" he asked easily, dimples popping and lips turned upwards. I glared into his jade eyes before setting the nearly full glass on a passing tray and wiping my hand across my mouth in a less than elegant way.

"How on Earth can you drink that?" I exclaimed, gesturing to the drink in his hands.

Everything about it screamed sophistication: the color, the glass, the name. However, it tasted like a monkey had peed in battery acid despite how fancy it looked. I was convinced that rich people would now put themselves through hell to look like they were better than everyone else, drinking a beverage easily relatable to turpentine.

"It's an aquired taste," Harry explained, sipping at his glass again before he too set it on a passing tray. I watched as it bobbed away before he turned around and faced me with a cheeky smile. "I, however, prefer another beverage."