Incoming Storm

WELL SCREW YOU GUYS. I COULD HAVE BEEN DEAD FOR ALL YOU KNEW AND ALL I GOT WAS "HEY, YOU SHOULD UPDATE". UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE. SCREW EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU THAT SAID THAT.

Now that I have released all of my actual anger, my explanation is basically that I've been kind of depressed for a while and I just didn't want to do anything. However, I realized it's been almost half a year, maybe more, and I guess I just pulled this together and I want to get pulled back into this world that I created.

*****

The first thing that came to mind as my eyes opened was the notion that I was not in my usual bed. No, I distinctly remembered that my sheets were silky and stuck to my bare skin as I slept but the comforter that draped over my skin was fluffy like a coat of fur. The pillow underneath my head made my neck almost sink into it and there was no way that I could deny that this was so much more comfortable than what I was used to.

The second thing that popped into my head as I gently moved beneath the sheets was that I was almost completely naked. Oh yes, while I adorned a loose fitting cotton white shirt that I distinctly remember not wearing last night, I couldn't feel any traces of my underwear or bra beneath.

The last thing that slipped into my only slightly aching head was that this bed was not just occupied by me. It took me a second to register but I was cuddled up against Harry's bare chest with my forehead awkwardly positioned underneath his chin. My lips twitched upwards as I realized that a warm hand had started to run up and down my spine in a comforting way that nearly made goosebumps rise.

"Good morning," I whispered in a groggy voice that I immediately cleared. Harry rustled beneath me and pulled me if possibly closer to him.

"That is where you're wrong, Summer," I heard him mutter with a voice full of sleep, but there was a still a smile in there somewhere. "It is an excellent morning. Get your facts straight."

I let out a small chuckle and kissed the hollow beneath his throat where my lips could only reach while bringing an arm around to drape over his waist. I couldn't tell whether I was pleased or disappointed to find that he was wearing a pair of boxers underneath the covers.

"You know, in this position if I accidentally head butted you while we were asleep, you would probably choke," I pointed out, becoming more and more aware of how much I enjoyed how his fingers ran across my skin underneath the T-shirt.

"Ah yes. To have lived for centuries only to be taken out by your hard head in my sleep. There's a real tragedy for you."

Before I could give out a witty reply, he adjusted our bodies so that I was laying more on top of him and the very little clothing I had on began to ride up my torso. I could feel a bit of heat rise to my face and I fought to keep it nuzzled in the crook of Harry's neck.

I wanted to gasp out loud as his right hand made its way beneath my clothes and brushed the area right beneath my left breast, that slight action letting him know that there was no barrier. It was a feeling right in between trust and insecurity where I knew he wouldn't hurt me but I also felt so vulnerable to the touch.

"So that actually happened." I could hear a smirk in his voice and so I tried even harder to keep my head down as embarrassment flooded through my head. That had been my first time and probably his hundredth! I had undoubtedly been below his normal standard and whatever confidence I had gained in the relationship area was out the window now.

"Yeah..." I mumbled against his warm skin and I felt his hand tenderly cup my cheek and bring it up to face him. The smirk that I'd known earlier on his face was replaced with a small frown of concern that transformed his whole face into a compassionate one. Sometimes I realized that I'd never get over just how handsome he really was.