Change of Plans

I would like to give a shout out. SHOUT OUT! I love you if you get the reference. Anyway, I want to give a shout out to mackenzie_paquette, underdaseatiff, and melike_ for their voting and comments. Melike_, you have some great ideas and I will be using it in a future chapter. You are right about everyone liking drama and I love your suggestion. Thank you for being polite about it, as well. Love you all, even if it's through a computer screen and I've never met you!

Time to get back to the story!

****************

He wanted to see me. He had wanted to see me.

I fucking hated him. I fucking hated him because he left me completely confused at a time when I needed some solidity, some straight up, no beating-around-the-bush answers. What the hell had he even meant by that?

Stupid boys. Stupid hormones.

I hated how he was able to get inside my head and turn my thoughts for at least a second so that I thought he might be the good guy, that I might have misjudged him. First he was arrogant, then he was sympathetic, then he came back to be arrogant again, and left me in a state of complete and utter confusion.

I fucking hated that.

As I collapsed back onto the bed, I took my face in my hands and just let the stress of everything overwhelm me. What's the point of fighting all of my problems anymore if I'd lose anyway? How were any of my problems real? I should be a normal teen living in New York City, my life not threatened at every waking second.

I jolted slightly from on top of the sheets at the sound of knocking from outside the doorway, a small friendly patter. The clock read 7:30, but I knew it wouldn't be Lilly coming to fetch me as usual, not when she was in a dungeon rotting away. She was no doubt crying, her innocent little mind unable to handle things like what she was going through.

"Summer?" A familiar voice called from out the door. I recognized it immediately as Brielle's chirpy, bright one. "We've got places to go, people to see, and-"

She was cut off as I opened up the door to let her in, her hand still held up in a knocking position. Brielle seemed surprised that I was awake, her perfectly shaped eyebrows rising up her forehead. The blonde smooth waves had been woven into a loose side braid, trailing over the shoulder of her white knit sweater. Accompanied with her skinny jeans, high fashion boots, and angelic features, she could have been a model for fall fashion.

"Oh!" she chirped, brightening even more if that was possible. "I've never met a morning person before."

Yeah, well, I suppose she still hasn't met a morning person.

I tried to pull off a genuine smile, but that's hard when you're impatient, eagerness down to my core for use to get this tour over with. My sister needed me and I couldn't help her if I was stuck in my room all day or looking at the castle's lovely statue collection.

"Whoah!" Brielle exclaimed, halting me in my path out the door. Her eyes scanned over my wrinkled clothes, tussled brown hair, and dirt smudged on my face that I hadn't yet cleaned up. "No offense, but you look like you were run over by a truck!"

I glanced down at the bloody and grimy clothes on my body and shrugged. "It's acceptable in the city."

Brielle glanced at me with an almost pitied look as if it was hard for her to imagine ever living a life of dirty clothes. "Hate to break it to you, but you're not in the city anymore. You're going to be in the presence of royalty and street grunge can be cute, just not here."