Thrill Seeker

Summer >>

********

Some people would have said that imperfection is unachievable, but I dare those people to lay eyes on Harry Styles when he's asleep.

In the least creepy way possibly, he was something to admire when he was dreaming. Small little breaths of air escaped his parted lips, the lips that could do so many things to me that I might dare to call them sinful. His gorgeous mane of chocolate waves was spread out like a halo around the pillow, some of it covering his closed eyelids. 

There was only a meager foot separating our faces and I wouldn't have ever wanted to move if it would mean disturbing this piece of artwork. I couldn't move though, Harry's arms draped around my waist and although they were limp, I was trapped in his embrace.

As slowly and gently as possible, I twisted beneath him and lifted his tattoed arm up and off my hip, setting it gently on the sheets of where I used to be. I froze in the middle of standing up as I noticed him stirring slightly, but only a mumbled incoherent word escaped his lips before he fell back into slumber. 

My room may have been completely trashed, but the bathroom was fine as I brushed my teeth and stepped into the shower. Did I stay in there for ten minutes? Thirty? An hour? All I knew was that by the time I had thoroughly cleaned my hair and skin, the mirror was cloudy with steam and my eyes a bit droopy from the heat.

Luckily I'd had the sense to bring in some clothes before showering, slipping into the skinny jeans and loose sweater with as much ease as one could with damp skin. I only tousled up my brown locks, running my hands through them so that they'd air dry once I left the steamy room.

Remembering that Harry wasn't yet awake, I exited the bathroom door furtively and even winced upon the creaking of the door shutting. I made my way along the padded carpet towards the bed where Harry lay unmoving, just as I had left him. 

It seemed like such a shame to wake him, his emotionless face being the epitomy of innocense, but the clock was ticking away. We were still a secret that hadn't left this room, and regretfully, it had to stay that way until we could do something about it. 

I sat gently on the edge of the bed and ran my fingers softly and slowly through the waves hanging in his eyes. Just at my touch it seemed, his body stirred beneath the sheets, both arms reaching out to stretch above his head. A small whine escaped his perfect lips and his whole being was bathed in the golden light of the sunrise glinting through the frosted glass.

And then the green of his irises appeared, partly hidden from the droop of his eyes as he had just woken. Harry rolled his head around a bit as if he wasn't sure exactly where he was, but as soon as he met my gaze, he was still, completely calm. And then the playful smile erupted over his features, eyes crinkling a bit as my presence truly registered.

"Wow," Harry mumbled in his raspy morning voice, and I swore that I was going to faint from how perfect it sounded. "And to think that I thought angels only existed in heaven."

"Oh, shut up," I whispered, coming closer and sitting on the very edge of the bed. Harry shot me an award winning smile, dimples and everything before taking my hand in his. It felt warm, secure, and everything that I would ever want.

"So last night wasn't just a dream?" he said quietly, gazing happily at our entwined fingers that felt so right. If last night had been a dream, then I wished I had never woken up.

"No, Harry," I replied, admiring how those bright eyes twinkled in the morning light. "It most definitely was not a dream."

"That's good, that's good," he repeated with a small smile gracing his face and looking up to the ceiling as if it were a whole new heaven. "What time is it though?"