Day One

Inspired by a funny meme or book quote

"Guys! Guys! Check out this new game!"

Jay sprints into the living room, holding his laptop. He places it on the coffee table and opens up Steam. He clicks on a game called Among Us. Jay clicks on online, types in a six-letter code and joins a lobby with a pink character.

"It's called Among Us. There are two teams, crewmates and imposters. Crewmates run around the spaceship, complete their tasks and try not to get murdered. The imposter's fake tasks and murder the crewmates. Imposters can set off different sabotages and close doors. Imposters can also use vents whereas crewmates can't. If you see a body with a bone sticking out of it, report it," Jay explains the rules as he sets up a Discord channel. "Maria's trying to get in contact with Dareth."

"Why Dareth?" Cole asks, opening the game on his phone.

"We talked about it in an interview last week and said we'd play with you guys," Jay answers, opening the game on Nya's phone.

Cole joins the lobby as the orange character. "We can change our colours right?"

"On the computer," Jay replies, typing the code into Nya's phone.

Cole changes the colour of his character to black as Nya and Lloyd join the lobby as purple and blue. The pair run to the computer and change to dark blue and lime respectively. Morro and Zane are the next two to join. Zane goes to the computer and changes the colour of his character from red to white. Morro smiles.

"It gave me dark green! Yes!"

"Dareth is gonna be here in five minutes," Maria says, her voice coming through Jay's phone. "He said we can play a game without him."

Seliel joins the lobby as the red character, just before Kai joins as the purple character. Seliel tries to change her character to purple.

"Kai, gimme purple!"

Kai changes the colour of his character to orange. Seliel changes hers to purple before Kai changes his colour back to red. Skylor joins the Discord chat.

"Jay where's the code?"

Jay doesn't seem to hear her and carries on talking to Nya.

"Jay! Where's the code?!"

Jay jolts. "It should be in the chat."

"It's not."

"Sky, it's tycwq," Seliel says, laying down on Cole's lap.

"Thanks."

Skylor joins the lobby as the orange character. Her character runs to Kai's character and stands next to it. Pixal joins as the lobby as the yellow character.

"I shall stay as yellow Seliel."

"Thank you!" Seliel snuggles into Cole, gripping his hand.

"Sel, I need my second hand."

"No!" Seliel tightens her grip.

"Okay, but you'll have to let go when we start playing."

"Okay."

"Is everyone in?" Jay asks.

A chorus of yes's go around and Maria hits start.

The opening music begins as everyone gets given a role. Everyone but Morro and Seliel are crewmates.

The group all go to different rooms so they can't hear each other.

***
"Okay, we need to get rid of Zane and Pixal as soon as possible."