Chapter 23- Black Hole!

Faith rips me from the only house that actually makes me feel safe....it shocks me each time I think about it. All the memories are not bad though. All I remember is sleeping, being comforted, instead of beaten and hated.

Trent gives me his farewell before I'm off, and to my surprise, I look after him through the window, feeling a bit empty and hurt.

I silently gasp.

The feeling was new. Alien. It was an ache in my chest. A clench of frantic desperation.

I close my eyes and concentrate on it, realizing it's hard to focus because of so many emotions overwhelming me.

My pills....I forgot to take them.

When we're at Jim's, I rigidly make it through the door already tensed up.

Expecting him to be waiting, he was actually relaxed on the couch. He looks up, bored.

"Oh, you found him. Where was he?"

Faith hides a satisfied smirk. "Um...at a friend's."

He nods. "Take your medication, Krystle." Then, he slowly turns his head back to the TV.

I look around, dumbfounded. Then, I cautiously make my way to the kitchen, pretending to take the pills.

I don't want them....nothing bad happened without them....

I'll try this one more time....see what happens when I don't take them....just to see...

The rest of the day consisted of lazily sprawling across my bed, listening to music and writing poems, feeling like I need to release something.

"The skies turn,

Twisting and morphing,

A slim sanity,

Watching from beneath the sea,

A sunset,

An orange flame aglow,

It's bright and fiery,

Staying close to me,

Never going out,

It keeps everything visible

Guiding me to light,

A sigh escaping,

The glow never leaving my sight,

This flame will grow,

Bigger than any galaxy,

Swaying to and froe,

My horrible curiosity,

Will soon be fine...."

I reread my poem, figuring out how much sense it DOES NOT make. I try to figure out the meaning, only to come out blank.

Instead of stressing myself out, I stop, and relax in my bed the best I can for the remainder of the day.

Later at night, I can't sleep, so I look out my window, at the moon, and snow lightly falling upon the iced ground.

Silently, I slip out of my room with a my book bag, and go near the edge of the woods.

I settle down in the freezing snow, not caring that it melts and seeps right into my jeans.

I take out my journal, and begin to write. Write out a story about a boy who's been through so much trouble, causing him to be different and unaccepted. But, of course, the only one who understands cold reality.

I hear a soft crunch. The sound of snow beneath shoes, and my head snaps up, to see Trent crouched near a tree, along with Faith and Joana.

I fall back slightly. "Wha....what are you doing here?"

Trent comes out next to me, sitting right in the snow beside me. "We just wanted to know what's wrong."

"Wait...wait...you told her!?" I look pointedly at my cousin.

He purses his lips, looking at the snow.

"Why?" I hiss.

"Be-" before he can finish, a whooshing sound happens, and right in the middle of the air, it rips open. Like a black hole.

All of us gasp. I stagger up, grabbing all my notebooks and pencils, quickly stuffing them in my book bag.

"Hey! What are you all doing out here!?"

I tense up quickly, watching Jim stalk his way towards us, his face going from determination to complete shock. His eyes instantly narrow onto me.

"Why is that there!?"

"Like I'm supposed to know!" I shout back.

Then...it hits me. He didn't ask what it was. In fact, he doesn't look terrified, he looks pissed.

"You know what you did, Krystle! You are a fuckin' idiot!"

I stomp up to him, completely impatient to deal with his hate.

"Yeah, I know exactly what I did, when it seems you know more about this THING, than me!!!" I shriek.

Suddenly, he pushes me roughly back, and I hear Faith take in a sharp, worried breath. But I don't look at her, I glare directly at the Uncle that was supposed to be my guidance into a life after my parents' death.

"No! I'm tired of you doing this! I'm TIRED OF YOU!" I push him back with all my force, pushing him right into the portal of blackness. But he he's not going through alone. I fall forward with him.

"NO!" I hear someone cry out, trying to grab me, only to fall in with me.

And the rest of us end up entering.

"WHERE ARE WE!?" Faith screams.

Pshh, if only I did know.