Chapter Seven- These Feelings Are Horrible

I stare straight at him like a shocked little boy. He's still wearing the same clothes and he looks worried.

"Oh, Faith! These are your friends, I see. Hello, I'm Jim." Jim exclaims with fake enthusiasm, shaking the girl's hand. "And you are..."

"Trina," She answers with a smile and points to the blonde-haired boy,"And that's Roman, and that's Trent."

Jim grins and shakes both their hands, while he does that, Faith snaps her fingers. "Oh! Hold on! Can I get our cousin, Dad? These two might actually want to meet him."

I see a muscle twitch on the side of Jim's jaw, but he plasters on a fake smile, trying to hide his obvious disgust. "Sure. Go get him."

Faith nods and rushes into the hall, I fluster for a second and decide to act like I just came out of my room. She stops abruptly when she catches me, and smiles warmly at me. "Hey, Krystle, my friends are here, I want you to meet then."

I shake my head without even realizing it. Her eyes blue eyes widen at me. "Why, Is Krystle actually refusing?"

I sigh, and she takes my hand, forcing me to follow her, so I do. When we make it to the living room, I see Trent stiffen from the corner of my eye, but I don't look at him. I look at my uncle, seeing his eyes seethe with hate as he takes me in.

Faith squeezes my shoulders. "And this is my amazing cousin, Krystle!"

I don't speak, knowing my uncle will hate me more just by doing so.

Cassie comes in then, my other cousin. She's a year younger than me, but she's wise for her age. She gets excited and rushes to me with a hug. "Oh, Krystle! I missed you! Sorry I left you!"

I shrug and say as quietly as possible, "It's okay. I'm fine."

She let's go and that's when the talking happens between all of them. Like welcoming old family members. Faith makes me sit on the couch, and I don't wanna be rude, so I sit next to Faith while she rambles on about worthless somethings. I see Trent look at me with a fleeting gaze every minute. Curiosity and annoyance hits me unexpectedly.

I flinch in my seat and Faith gives me a strange look. I shrug, trying to maintain my cool. I'm rarely ever annoyed, but this feeling was not mutual, it was stronger than usual, and it's freaking me a little. I squirm in my seat, feeling impatient and uneasy sitting here and saying nothing. Yet another feeling that I never have, which makes me become irritable.

I should have took the pills. This wouldn't be happening if I did. I guess no emotions are better.

Jim serves food and I finish my helping quickly, and sit back, tapping my tender foot with real impatience now. I want to go to my room now. I hate staying down here with these people who don't pique my interest in the slightest.

Soon, my uncle leaves to his room, showing he doesn't care what I do now. There are times he doesn't care if I'm doing what I please, and they're are times where he'll kill me if I even lift a finger.

I jump up and into the kitchen for something to drink, feeling heated and agitated.

I feel a presence behind me and know who it is. "I know you're there."

"You're uncle seems nice. He even looks like it." Trent states.

I turn and grimace. "Don't let looks fool you. Don't you know that?"

He adverts his gaze once I focus mine on his face. "Yes, but I don't get a bad vibe from him at all. What does he even do to you?"

"That is none of your concern," I snap, passing him angrily.

I halt. These feelings are really digging deep into my skin. I need to get ahold of them.

The feeling is amazing though, I finally feel something without trying.

Faith finds me and gives a sad smile. "Um, Trent, Roman and me are gonna go somewhere real quick, can you stay here?"