Chapter 32- Messy Messy

Welcome back, Keleck...

The words ring inside my head, as I sit in a chair in what was known as the living room, waiting for them, hearing a discussion going on behind closed doors.

Jackson settles next to me.

I smirk slightly. "So...my...mother...she seemed overwhelmed to see me."

He nods. "She is."

The doors burst open and the blond beauty comes out, "Yeah! Yeah! I understand!"

Huffing, her eyes zero in on me, and her mouth twists into a nasty grimace. "You. Come here."

I stand up uncertainly and saunter over to her. She rakes her gaze over me, her eyes sharp and alert.

"Where is Jim?"

I shift. "I don't know."

Joana, Faith and Trent follow out, Maxin tagging behind.

Then the King enters. "Jim?"

The Blondie nods.

They all Look at me.

"I haven't seen him. Maxin brought me here. He should be at his house."

"Or maybe I'm right here." Jim's voice comes from behind me. I turn to see him glaring at me through narrowed slits.

"Brother." The King's voice rumbles.

Jim puffs up slightly. "Brother."

Then, he reluctantly bows before him.

"You may rise. And," He casts me a hollow glance, "Do tell me how he ever got here."

Jim explains the story, clipped and short. While the King listens, a spark of interest in his eyes.

The Queen has already emerged and was hanging onto all his words like it's life.

"Well...well." The Queen stammers.

"My Love--" The King starts.

"No. We are not giving him away again. We must find a room for him." Flustered, she snaps her fingers. " Cozach! Prepare my son's room. Now."

A Reaper beside her nods and moves out of the Living room quickly.

"Love, this is too hasty of a decision, we must--"

"Silence!" Her voice crackles like a whip, firm, and powerful, that even the King silences himself. "This is our son! We must make him feel welcome, we haven't done anything for him, yet."

I feel fingers lace themselves with mine and squeezes them lightly. A much more strong scent of winter and pine filling my nostrils.

Trent.

Touch him! Rakin cries out. Touch him!

But I can't. So many emotions are flooding me. Confusion and, hate, desperation love...

I sigh. This is too much for me.

"Keleck, talk." The Queen stares me in the eyes. "I have not once heard your voice." She looks at Jim. "Does he not know how to speak?"

"He does." Jim says calmly.

Earlier, Jackson told me Keleck is my real name when the King had said it.

Not far from Krystle.

"I don't want to be called Keleck." I say flatly. "It's Krystle."

"Nonsense, we gave you Keleck, it is only right you go by your parents' chosen name for you--

"The ones who got rid of me?" I raise a brow and question blandly. "The ones who gave me to an uncle who doesn't even love me?"

I feel the hit before I see it and stumble back.

"How dare you question your mother." The King's voice booms.

I glare at him, showing all my loathing for the two who never wanted me. "How dare you both left me! How dare you! I'm your son and you put me in the hands of someone who gave me hell for so long! So do not question me either."

Shock crosses the King's face, past anger instantly forgotten. "What do you mean?"

The Queen and him cast Jim accusing looks.

Maybe it's all in my head, but I see a small flicker of fear in Jim's eyes before they disappear.

"Brother, he killed my wife and son."

"What?" Faith questions. Everything goes silent.

The Queen looks at me. "Ah, Cozach, you're back. Please, bring Keleck to his room. And Jackson, help with the humans' rooms too. Leave us."

Other Reapers push us out. "We'll figure this out, for now, just get accustomed to your home." Is all we hear her say before the door closes and they lead us to our rooms.

My mind is jumbled and lost. Dazed and confused. It's probably best they figure it all out themselves.

For now, I'll figure out what is lie and what is truth...