Chapter 21- So much Of This

It felt as if everything was frozen in one spot, while my very life force tried to escape to the edge of the universe, away from the overwhelming emotions that begin the fall upon my heavy-beating heart.

He's.....gone....

It's like seeing everything before me die like blowing a candle out. Just....gone.

At first, the shock hits me, and I'm utterly calm like the winter gale itself.

I look down at his delicate, beautiful face, that still doesn't hold an ounce of peace upon those facial features.

I try to swallow, but my throat is about as dry as the desert in June.

Within minutes, my fists clench, and it all suddenly crashes down on my very essence.

I feel as if my heart dropped to my feet from all the grieving weight of this loss. And the tears are soon to come.

Tears that are the words the torn heart cannot explain.

I shake my head, feeling like I was thinking like Krystle for a second.

"Krystle...." I say hoarsely, my voice cracking badly.

Soon, anger and pain takes place, and I start mumbling incoherent words that would for sure get me in jail if any other soul heard.

"Why..this isn't fucking fair.....of course it's me...of course...I don't understand...."

Unexpectedly, Krystle's hand shoots out and covers my lips.

"Shut. Up."

My eyes widen more, any farther, they'd pop out.

My breathing stops, as I stare at his now furrowed brows, like he's concentrating on something behind his lovely eyelids.

"KRYSTLE!? YOU'RE FUCKING ALIVE! WHAT THE FUCK! I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!!!!" I shriek harshly, after removing his hand.

One of his eyes peeps open. "I didn't? Damn....I was really hoping I was gone."

Ignoring his sarcastic tone, I crush him to me with the tightest hug anyone could give, giddy with so many emotions swirling throughout my mind.

"Umghf..." He muffles, squirming weakly against me.

I let go to look at his now opened eyes. Such huge, beautiful eyes. So...adorable, and knowing.

"What happened to him? What happened to you!?" I bombard him with frantic questions, wanting every detail.

He stretches in my lap, like a completely cute feline, before yawning lazily, making me want to just hug him to his complete death.

He looks up and around, a pout on his pale lips, then he gasps and jumps up, before stumbling back and falling on his ass in the snow, looking bewildered like a shocked kitten.

I burst out laughing, and crawl to his shivering body, just glad to see him breathing and alive.

"Crap....crap!" He whispers angrily to no one, breathing quickly and looking ultimately stressed out of his mind.

I grasp his hand gently, "What is it, Krystle? What happened?"

He covers his face and groans. "No.....this wasn't supposed to happen...."

I pull him close to me, clasping his hand in both of my equally-sized ones. "What wasn't supposed to happen? Tell me, Krystle."

He looks at me with those memorizing eyes, wide with confusion and anger, like he's finally just seeing me, which makes me just want to take every drop of his misery away. To just cuddle him and break through his strongly-built walls.